• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Issues with co2

lucaz koh

hi all, having issues with my co2. Everything is tightly connected as far as I can, the only hissing sound I’m getting is from the inliner diffuser which I have soaked in a bucket and there are no air bubbles coming out when soaked so I guess no leaks there

My issue is that when I disconnect the air hose so all pressure is lost, then reconnect and turn the co2 back on I am able to get a lot of air through the bubble counter

But eventually it just goes lower than 1 bps despite me turning the needle valve all the way on?

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

upload_2018-4-30_21-5-46.jpeg

Picture of my pressure gauges above, I have made sure that the regulator is all the way open. And that the adaptor to the soda stream bottle is tight (unscrewed a little, heard hissing, tightened and hissing went away)

So, I’ve turned needle valve completely off, no bubbles in bubble counter, 10 mins later and co2 microbubbles still spewing out from filter outlet. That shouldn’t be the case should it?

So, I’ve turned needle valve completely off, no bubbles in bubble counter, 10 mins later and co2 microbubbles still spewing out from filter outlet. That shouldn’t be the case should it?

depends how much tubing your using, the longer the tubing the more gas it holds, so the longer it it takes to depressurise and pressurise as well, shorter the better

Just did some soap suds test found out the adaptor for the co2 cylinder to the Sodastream bottle wasn’t tighten enough. So I tightened it and it worked fine for a bit.

And then....

I heard a loud hissing and found the cylinder had “unscrewed” itself from the adaptor!

Tightened it again and gonna monitor

This happened to me... I eventually found out that the pressure needed for the inline diffuser is higher than the one provided by the regulator.

Try the same system with a normal diffuser (which should need less pressure to work) and see how it goes.

Back