• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what would you buy

If money, time and space was no object, what brand and what tank and equipment would you buy?
Just curious really as I have a mate who is just in the process of setting up a very large tank and really money isn't an issue with him, he is buying the most expensive equipment possible just because its expensive and he can.
So just wondering what other would buy if money etc wasn't an issue.

Yup i would build me a huge greenhouse conservatory with a tropical pond with infinity windows. One of this windows in the wall to the living room. A dream never come true, but that definitively i would have. :woot: :nailbiting: :nurse::shifty:

I've considered this many times. If I won the lottery ( which I don't even do) I'd buy a cottage on "millionaire's row" in Mevagissey, Cornwall. Have a massive header tank above and behind cottage, daily pump raw, unfiltered sea-water up into header and trickle feed into a tank, drain back into sea. Viewing panel of which which takes up all of one wall. Sit and watch all the fascinating native encrusting life forms develop with a few blennies and gobies to add interest. Sorry, it's not planted but you did ask! Clue is in my username!!

greenhouse conservatory with a tropical pond with infinity windows. One of this windows in the wall to the living room.
I once visited on of the animal keepers from a zoo at home. He had build a small 2x2 m addon on his house around a window in his sitting room, stone walls, a see through ceiling and a pond with a central island. It was filled with tropical plants on the wall and island and fish in the pond.Like a large vivarium.Spotlights to enjoy in the evening..
Looked lovely.
Unlimited funds: a large greenhouse, with enough space to sit around when it's cold outside, and a large tank on the wall.

Tim i think with that tank you'll need his minions too for maintenance.
Next time if i build a large tank i want one where i can reach all the tank easy so: not more than arms length deep, good all around access, and low so you don't need a stepladder.

Back