• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC signature 600 stand with ADA 60-P tank

mooncake

Hello all,

I've been confusing myself with options when it comes to purchasing a new tank/cabinet. I keep on coming back to the ADA 60-P, but I could never bring myself to fork out for the ADA cabinet to match. I know many people seem to be using Ikea's Besta, which I suppose I could ask somebody better than myself at DIY to help reinforce for me. But it makes me feel a bit nervous all the same.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but...

I've seen TMC's signature range 600 cabinet, which has dimensions of 60cm x 45cm. Seeing as the ADA 60-P is 60cm x 30cm, would it be ok to fit this aquarium to the TMC stand? Or is it important that each side of the tank be perfectly in line with the sides of the cabinet, to avoid any strain? My thinking is that I'd rather just go for a cabinet like this, even if it's oversized, if it's safe, for peace of mind rather than going DIY. And then it gives me the option to upgrade on tank size slightly in the future, as well. Then again, it does in a sense seem a bit silly to get a tank measuring 60x30 when it'd be seated on something that could hold a 60x45...

Still... would it be OK or would it be unsafe? I'm a total idiot when it comes to knowledge of these things.

Back