• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Poppy like weed id

mort

Hi, I have quite a few of these growing down the allotment which I thought were poppies last year but they flower differently. Does anyone know what they are so I can see what I'm letting myself in for if I keep them.

Sorry the pics aren't great but it was so sunny I couldn't see what I was taking, not something you can say very often around these parts. It's also wilted as it was dug up a while ago.

Many thanks

20180505_142527.jpg
20180505_142537.jpg

Attachments

• 20180505_142527.jpg
    20180505_142527.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • 20180505_142537.jpg
    20180505_142537.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
Not sure, can't see the flower clearly and looks off.. But the leafshape definitively resambles Daucus carota and the come white and purple (kisses)... :) Does it grow a Carot root?

This is a white one, only pic i could find not only focussing the flower.
ta-flowering-stem-and-leaves-studio-picture-bk64r2.jpg

Not sure, can't see the flower clearly and looks off.. But the leafshape definitively resambles Daucus carota and the come white and purple (kisses)... :) Does it grow a Carot root?

This is a white one, only pic i could find not only focussing the flower.
ta-flowering-stem-and-leaves-studio-picture-bk64r2.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture but the foliage is more like a californian poppy, which is what I had last year down the allotment so thought it was them. The root is a tap root but doesn't seem to be particularly fleshy. The flower is purple, about an inch high and a cylinder shape not a umbelifer.

Back