• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What type of aquarist are you?

What type of aquarist are you?

• Fish Keeper - Livestock is key but I added a few plants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jameson_uk

This is something that has intrigued me for a while as to how the folk here view themselves.
(Sorry messed up options on original thread)

There is a poll which doesn't show up if browsing via Tapatalk

Last edited:
When i first got into aquariums (about 3 years ago now), I didn't really have a passion for the fish, iguwami aquascapes caught my eye and got me into this hobby, now its the opposite, trying to research the fish I want to keep then create a home for them, more about the fish and much less about maintaining fast growing plants.

Jamerson
I think I have tried everything and more over 50 years of enjoying my tanks and interested for 20+ years before I had my first tank.
Today no Aquarium tanks just indoor garden tanks. I enjoy helping others with all the skills I picked up along the way.

Keith:wave::wave:

I like both fish/shrimp and plants equally and can't imagine a tank without either. I'm also more of a scruffy scaper, I like scapes that mimic underwater nature can't really get into those that copy panoramic scenes with little paths.

I find it difficult, to put myself into a spot..

It was definitively aqauscaping and the modern approach using the rule of 3th and the golden buzzer that intrigued me and brought me back into the hobby. Tho i can't consider myself an aquascaper yet, more like a wanabe laking the stamina in his wallet.. And since i consider plants as well life stock always absolutely a part of the whole with equal importance. Because if one is unhealthy or unhappy it will always be a coherency one way or another having probable effect on the other.

So i lurk somewhere between 2 and 3 without an absolute 1st and 2nd.

I like both, but as I get more into the hobby I've definitely slid from fishkeeping to focusing more on plants primarily!

Livestock needs should always be put first regardless of what you are. I'm a recent convert from the salty side of things and I must admit that I am drawn to having tanks without livestock in them just to relax watching them and potter about with them without having to worry about any livestock.

We all seem to want to be unique and not fit in a stereotype.....:D I wonder how many voted....

I am an organic water fish keeper, if there's such term :rolleyes:
One wouldn't bring their goats to pasture in the fruit garden where they had just sprayed with pesticides for insects and fertilized the trees. You'll end up with no fruit and no goats in the end. I sort of stick to the same principle when keeping fish....

I'm a Gardener by profession, have always kept fish but now all the new tech and information means I can finally grow plants in my tanks properly. So they actually grow and don't just sit there LOL Its indoor gardening to me and I can spend all winter playing with my tanks, changing the design, planting new things, researching how things grow . Happy Days

I have plants to keep my fish happy but I do like to make it aesthetically pleasing (or at least try! :lol:).

I have the utmost admiration for the likes of Takeshi Amano and that style of aquascaping and I think they're beautiful but for me, maintaining a tank day-to-day, natural scapes with the emphasis one keeping my critters happy are most practical and enjoyable.

Back