• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quick plant id

mort

Long story short I bought some copper beech bare root plants to build a hedge and as it's starting to come out it looks like hornbeam to me. I have put some proper copper beech next to it so I can send it to the seller but just wanted to make sure I'm not going crazy first, as for the life of me I can't remember if the copper colour develops overtime (didn't think it did) or if the ruffles spread out more (again don think beech loops like that).

Many thanks in advance

20180509_180545.jpg
20180509_180536.jpg

Its deffo Copper Beech , takes time to develop and these are young leaves .

Many thanks for the reply and setting me straight. I think this is one of those situations where you talk yourself into the wrong opinion. Just as I needed to remember what the developing leaves of the copper beech looked like, I promptly forgot. The garden has hornbeam hedges already and the emerging young leaves look identical apart from colour. Glad I didn't contact the seller, i'd have been nice but would have looked foolish:(

Back