• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Olympus is Calling.

I used the same one
View attachment 111336

Have a 16mm on one and 22mm on the other, just winged it with fittings, but the APS EF comes with 12mm and 16mm fittings. But it does reduce down to 12mm. Which one to use depends on which size hose your filter uses

Hey Zeus, Thanks for your answer but I think that I dont express the think that want to say.

I use the same prefilter but other brand Sunsun 602 ( 12/16mm ) and 603 ( 16/22 m
).

My atomizer has the 12/16mm hose, and that is not a problem because it connected to Eheim professionel 4 + 250 t :jimlad:.

But my question is...

Where put the Jbl atomizer??

1°- Inner lily pipe - hose to prefilter 602 - Jbl atomizer - hose - Prefilter 602 - hose - Eheim filter - hose to aquarium - outer lily pipe

2°- Inner lily pipe - hose to prefilter 602 - hose - Prefilter 602 - hose - Eheim filter - hose to aquarium - Jbl atomizer - hose to aquarium - outer lily pipe

I wish that you understand that I want to say and learn :pompus:

Thanks!!!

Sansun 602
upload_2017-11-28_12-43-44.png

which is a copy or the same as an APS EF

Thats a lot a filtration IMO which is going to reduce flow in your tank, which could lead to CO2 fluctuations and algae issues.

what Eheim filter do you have and whats the size of your tank ? You dont need a lot of filtration media in a well planted tank as the plants and substrate do most of work. FLOW is KING and should come first
general rule of tank volume to X10 flow per hour for High tech tank with CO2 injection.

Option

3°- Inner lily pipe - hose to prefilter 602 - hose - Eheim filter - hose to aquarium - Jbl atomizer - hose to aquarium Prefilter 602 (CO2 reactor) - hose to aquarium - outer lily pipe

any would work in theory/practice, but if the Jbl atomizer is after a filter it will receive cleaner water so less maintenance required. Although I did not use the media that came with APS EF for CO2 reactor, you just need some course media to slow the bubbles down a bit, water feed in at top for reactor ;)

Hello again Zeus, and Thanks for taking your time to answer me.

My filter is an Eheim Professionel 4 + 250t.

I understand that you say but, for the third option that you offer, the trick is put the prefilter ( in my case Sunsun 602 ) after de filter like a Co2 Reactor.:bookworm:

Thank you very much Zeus :happy:

That is looking fantastic Zeus :)
Thanks Tim and too kind.

Made quite a few changes, which I will update in detail soon as soon as I have time, bit have different light intensity zones to suit the depth of the plant and the plants/carpets needs. Plus removed the C Helferi as it's aglea magnet properties was making it difficult to get a decent specimen as trimming at base of stem kept removing the main mass of the leaves. P Helferi added to DW well that was not easy and not very successful a few have attached but not doing great ATM

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

@George Farmer did a video recently @Zeus. where apart from some serious Aquascaping bromance action there was a tank with a void underneath for water to travel end to end like a bit of a plenum about 10mins in and I immediately thought about your tank. It's looking superb as well mate.

Would have got the water end to end without extra pipework.

Would have got the water end to end without extra pipework.

Great idea all the flow is one way, dont think it would of been worth it on my tank as its not long enough .

The pipe on end off the tank is invisible to me o_O, only put it back on because with the surface mounted spraybar was causing the Frogbit to get pushed down into the water. Plus it does give a better flow than the surface one. Just quicky pics on mobile two days before WC didnt adjust the light levels or even get the floaters out

Quite a good way of hiding equipment on a tank like yours where it is visible on three sides. Not exactly sure how its going to work yet, I'll have to check in with George and see what the exact plan is. I'm assuming something pulling water up from underneath and sending it full length of the tank. Not sure if there's something on the opposing end pushing water back through the plenum. Will be interesting to see.

Quite a good way of hiding equipment on a tank like yours where it is visible on three sides. Not exactly sure how its going to work yet, I'll have to check in with George and see what the exact plan is. I'm assuming something pulling water up from underneath and sending it full length of the tank. Not sure if there's something on the opposing end pushing water back through the plenum. Will be interesting to see.
They had fitted Abyzz water pump under the glass bottom to get the flow

They had fitted Abyzz water pump under the glass bottom to get the flow

Have you seen it running mate? I would like to see that.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Nope, but you don't Scape and plant a big tank with a new under substrate pump without testing it first.
Can't see it not working. Nice way to get all the detritus going to the filter too.
Going of the video and the pumping/fittings the canister filter won't contribute to the tank turnover either.
Think it will work well myself

Looks great, I think you've done really well scaping it so it looks good from 3 sides, not an easy thing to achieve effectively.
Thanks Tim
I did great some great advice of many folks esp at aquascaping world forum when I was hard scaping the tank. Glad I listened and took my time

Little update.

Carpet has been struggling so I thought a bit more light intensity and started to look a little better, yep you got it so I up it some more too soon and too fast not waiting for 4-6 weeks and before I new where I was I was at 100% intensity with my extra COB lighting also
upload_2018-4-8_16-34-32.png

wasn't keeping a close eye on the pH /[CO2] and then I start seeing the damage. GSA on Anubis and Trident melting in places. Check the pH and yes it was droping 0.2pH from target pH when light on high.
So had to trim lots of the trident off OFC.
Also amano count has been slowly dropping OFC and when I put algea pellet in they wasn't interested. So got 30 more and 10 red neocardina. managed to get the price knocked well down from £3.50 each to £2.00 with bulk buy too.

upload_2018-4-8_16-47-34.png

upload_2018-4-8_16-48-16.png

Sorry about poor quality pics. pH stable again without even touching it the BPS/working PSI decreasing the light intensity sorted it

My own STUPID fault

Tank update and future plans.

Due to the tank being 500l the scape layout and the plants filling in, I think with the present pump/flow/ distribution of the spray bars I’m starting to hit the limit of what I can achieve esp with my [CO2] being maxed out with well over 1ph drop and DC light yellow to clear at lights on (more clear than yellow) minor algae issues and some melting crypts/trident when the plants fill in, reomoved the affending leaves improves flow the new leaves grow nice flow reduces back to melt.

So been looking into improving the ‘King’ ie -Flow, which at the same time reducing complex plumping to reduce cleaning time/ detritus bluid up.
The present flow output FX6 And ehiem 3000+ should yield close to x10 which has worked well, however it takes 4-6hrs to take all pipes out ( cleaning them in situ isn’t an option as of the mess it might make of base/carpet). In the early months a lime green DC was enough, which with increasing biomass has needed to be much increased to maintain to tank at its present level.

Various options explored from expensive 12v controllable powerheads to the cheaper 240v constant speed ones. Each not really doing what I was really after, ie great laminar flow with not hardware in sight (the lower spray in my tank does nothing for aesthetics)

So ‘Think Big or Go Home’ this was never going to be an easy tank.

So after much reading old threads, asking Ian_m about various possible hardware solutions, posting about a product which Ian and myself should do the trick, input from others to getting feedback from Chris from his journal The Lazy Asian Biotope I have decided on getting a Maxspext Gyre XF230 x2 £414, which whilst initially seems exspensive compared to other options, aesthetics once fitted and performance isn’t as bad as it seems. The laminar flow which the gyre produces along with the gyre effect with twin XF230 fitted side by side in place of the upper spraybar should yield an output of 18,000 l/h which is x36 turnover :eek: but via the controller the pumps output can be reduced easy to yield about 3000lph.

I have been asking Maxspect lots of questions direct OFC which has just paid off as as going to ordered the pumps in next few days. Just got email from Maxspect about a new model coming out in Sept that is virtually silent as the XF230 is noisy compared to the XF250 model. Well that’s put a spanner in my plans :rolleyes:

Back