• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rare Killifish

Aqua360

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm looking for either Blue Gularis (Fundulopanchax Sjoestedti) eggs or adult pair here in the UK, but I'm having problems sourcing.

I'm not a member of the British UK Killi association (yet), but am curious if this strain has been advertised on there, any members willing to divulge?

The search continues!

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem here in Poland. I had them once, but had some problems and lost them. Now I cannot source them again. They appear sometimes in a local shop, but you never know when...

I have the same problem here in Poland. I had them once, but had some problems and lost them. Now I cannot source them again. They appear sometimes in a local shop, but you never know when...

I gather they are difficult to harvest viable eggs from, but I'm surprised there isn't at least one contact I've seen so far on online searches that can supply them. I'll update this thread if I find anything though!

Hi, A.Sjoestedti does turn up at BKA auctions occasionally but isn't advertised on the egg and fish list very often .
I think there was a pair or two at the recent North West group auction and they may have been from one of the Scottish members.
You can join the BKA and get pdf copies for £10 a year. You could then advertise your requirements. There's another auction in July near York but it wouldn't be possible to predict what species would be available on the day.

Cheers
John

Hi, A.Sjoestedti does turn up at BKA auctions occasionally but isn't advertised on the egg and fish list very often .
I think there was a pair or two at the recent North West group auction and they may have been from one of the Scottish members.
You can join the BKA and get pdf copies for £10 a year. You could then advertise your requirements. There's another auction in July near York but it wouldn't be possible to predict what species would be available on the day.

Cheers
John

thanks for the info :) when you say pdf copies, is that the list of whats available? I seen that annual membership is £17, are the pdf copies over and above that price?

No, you can either get the magazine as a hard copy at £17 a year or opt for electronic version at £10. This gives access to the members area and contacts with other members . The magazine contains articles on fish collection, maintenance and breeding etc but to be honest the members who list what they have available are not very many.
Possibly because the magazine comes out bi-monthly and the difficulty of sending fish and eggs through the post. Group auctions are the main ways of buying and selling fish.

If you want further details pm me.

Cheers
John

Back