• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ring Video Doorbell

Gill

So does anyone else have this, Ordered it and looking forward to setting it up. Was on Offer and jumped at the price.
Thankfully the transformer in is the Doorbell in the Hall. So Dont need to mess with the Fuse Board.
This is in addition to our CCTV, just so we can see who knocks the door while out and Mum is home alone.
Mum is looking forward to using this with a Tablet, Got a 10 Inch Samsung Galaxy to use with it for her. As she gets confused with the remote for the CCTV when she want to see who is at the door.

We do live in a Cul de sac of 3 Houses so is nice and private, but wanted to try this out.

So this failed miserably.
Had a sparky come round. Handy having one in the family who only lives 2mins from me.
And after a lot of trial and scratching of head and reading instructions. Watching install videos on YouTube and following ring troubleshooting.
The unit was faulty, would not receive power at all.
So it was returned to Amazon for a refund.
Going to get the rechargeable version.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I solved it like this.
96c82fd90013258354e2b7dd3e1b8167.jpg

But now i have the problem that the postman pushes the knob and thinks i'm not home.. :rolleyes: It needs a little shield saying "Jerk to enter.."

Back