• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 cylinder pressure

willsy

Hi

I'm currently using a 2KG FE and I can get a maximum of about 35psi with my CO2 Art regulator by turning it right up to maximum.

Just wondered if this was normal? It's not a problem, it's just that I expected to be able to produce a higher pressure than this...

Thanks

Will.

Hi there,

Mind linking the regulator you're using? Most regulators should be able to achieve higher pressures but some can be either preset or have limits set on them.

Hi MattW

This is the one I have:

https://www.co2art.eu/collections/c...dual-stage-regulator-with-integrated-solenoid

Notice there it says that I can get up to 40psi. Should a 2kg FE produce this?

Thanks

Will.

That's the same regulator I run, though on a 5kg hydroponics cylinder rather than a fire extinguisher and I run it just above 40 PSI. As far as my knowledge goes there shouldn't be a reason why a fire extinguisher can't provide over 35 PSI, in fact on one of my other setups (running a preset regulator) a 2kg fire extinguisher is providing around 50 PSI. I can only assume that if you really can't get over 35 PSI from that regulator, and your FE isn't practically ran out (dropping cylinder pressure) then i'd reason that there's an issue with either the regulator or cylinder - most likely the regulator.

I'd contact CO2art directly and get their opinion, they'll be much more informed than me and, provided their previous reviews, should provide a great service to help you get this issue fixed.

That's the same regulator I run, though on a 5kg hydroponics cylinder rather than a fire extinguisher and I run it just above 40 PSI. As far as my knowledge goes there shouldn't be a reason why a fire extinguisher can't provide over 35 PSI, in fact on one of my other setups (running a preset regulator) a 2kg fire extinguisher is providing around 50 PSI. I can only assume that if you really can't get over 35 PSI from that regulator, and your FE isn't practically ran out (dropping cylinder pressure) then i'd reason that there's an issue with either the regulator or cylinder - most likely the regulator.

I'd contact CO2art directly and get their opinion, they'll be much more informed than me and, provided their previous reviews, should provide a great service to help you get this issue fixed.
Thanks very much Matt... Opened a ticket with CO2 Art...

When I got home today I thought of something that I didn't try before... I switched off the solenoid then adjusted the pressure. It them seems to go up to almost 40psi. On previous occasions I would adjust it while it was running. So looks ok as far as that's concerned now I think:

IMG_20180521_173840326.jpg

The other thing now though is the bps. It starts off really fast and settles down as the pressure builds up. No matter how much I turn up the needle valve it doesn't really go past 3 to 4 bps I think. Not sure of the exact number. Is this normal? Since I've never had a fully pressurised inline atonomizer before, I've never experienced this previously. I've always been able to have as many bps as I wanted by turning it up!

Cheers

Will

Mmmm... Got home today with the bubbles going mad and drop checker bright yellow. Turned it up too much! Maybe the new atomiser needed to be broken in... Anyway all set to a reasonable level now and all is good!

Cheers

Will

Back