• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi to all :)

Welcome Jessica! :wave: i've not really got much at the moment, getting back into the swing of things, some rasboras, corydoras trilineatus, some oto's, lots of cherry shrimp (collecting babies from a sump at work), a super red bristlenose (the other one wouldn't eat at all and wasted away :( ) and 5 different species of snails, hope you like the forum, enjoy the reading. :bookworm:

Welcome Jessica! :wave: i've not really got much at the moment, getting back into the swing of things, some rasboras, corydoras trilineatus, some oto's, lots of cherry shrimp (collecting babies from a sump at work), a super red bristlenose (the other one wouldn't eat at all and wasted away :( ) and 5 different species of snails, hope you like the forum, enjoy the reading. :bookworm:
Hello they all sound amazing sorry to hear about your bristlenose though :( i lost one of my corys about a week ago too :,( . I have some serpaes, black widow and neon tetras, also have 2 albino corys and a bronze cory. Plus about 8 amano shrimp and got given a few red cherrys too. But would like to start a shrimp tank in next few months. As i do love the shrimpys lol x

Just a couple of my shrimpy friends lol

Attachments

• 20180528_174217.jpg
    20180528_174217.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
  • 20180528_174200.jpg
    20180528_174200.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 91
  • 20180528_174208.jpg
    20180528_174208.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Hi
£15 pounds is probably next day before 1pm courier delivery and tbh is something quite normal as a cost if U add decent packaging included in it.
I am quite happy to pay them knowing my livestock will arrive quickly and in good shape.
Regards Konsa

Hi so my tank has been cycled for around 4/5 months now and then last night i noticed almost all my fish were at the top of the tank and my shrimp were all at the top of the tank? This morning i woke up to find one fish and 5 shrimp dead at the front of the tank? :( i adjusted my filter position in order to get a little more water movement and emptied around 40% of the water and replaced it with new water. Also hunted through the tank to pull any yellowing leaves from my plants just to be sure. And now all the fish are no longer at the top of the tank and are acting normal again? Im assuming the shrimp went back down to bottom as i cant see any hanging at the top or on the filter now. But cant actually see them at all as guess they in hiding. But does anyone know what happened and why all of a sudden i had so many deaths and was all acting so strange and now there fine again?

I'd test your tank water to see if anything's going on. It sounds like you could have suffered from some kind of ammonia or nitrite spike, possibly?

Yes i came to two conclusions it was either ammonia spike or lack of oxygen? So i did a 40% water change, changed my filter and made more surface agitation and that seemed to have solved the problem. All fish and remaining shrimp are now back to normal and havent sat at the top of the tank since.

Back