• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dwarf Gourami Fry :)

Gill

So have been Noticing that both the Pearls and the Dwarfs have been Nesting.
Pearls have stopped for now, But the Dwarf Flame is rampant. Builds a nest each week next to the previous one.
On the 2nd batch of hatched fry now. Had put the 1st batch in the daphnia tub, to see how they do.
This batch I have saved 10 fry. And they are floating in the tank and feeding on green water/spirulina, and then will move onto the next stage of feeding live foods etc.

Has been fascinating to see how the different gourami build their respective nests.
Pearls were just bubble nesting in the duckweed.
Flame, Builds the bubble nest. Places eggs in the nest. And they covers them with plant matter and envelopes the entire nest in plant matter/moss.

Last edited:
Doh!!!!!!! should have taken some pix of the built nests, so interesting.
Will wait for this weeks.

Just checked and I did take some pix as the nest developed.
This is the flames nest. From initial build to eggs encased in plant matter. You can see that the flame male pushed the nest around to get it all covered.
09cfd02cc4d90bb507e80d1eb3341e39.jpg
762547fd91adb16ee57cf67004147e48.jpg
6a881995438edacea50c369ce256ea0f.jpg
eea487f92d070efe4aacfe66e9ce6c3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

How exciting - good luck with the rearing. Interesting to see the nest, particularly how much he has wrapped it up into a parcel.

Wonder if the building of the plant mass is the male awareness of other Gouramis ,fish , and trying to overprotect more than normal?

Have put these all outside in with the rest of the fry. Will check on them from time to time

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back