• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Suggestions please

Andrew Butler

So......I've been sitting on my aquascaper 900 for a while now and just not had the chance to sort it with one thing and another.

TO BE CLEAR the first photo is not of my tank!

I've still to shuffle/change the wood around, add some more stone etc so suggestions welcome.
The last photo is my viewing angle.

I'm now at a bit of a loss as to what to put in it plant wise so looking for some ideas. I like things that look a bit 'different' or 'interesting' such as Anubias Coffefolia, I do also like the kind of open look of Sanj's tank in this thread or the first photo below.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/300l-wapoga-river.32030/

Cheers
Andrew

tumblr_o39s6ffk7E1s3c1oao1_1280.jpg
20180424_173343.jpg
20171228_072320.jpg

IMG_1422.JPG
Here are my thoughts in a picture
I like the concept and you have some nice materials, but there isn't an obvious focal point. I decided for you ;) that where the circle is, should be your focal point. To make this more of a focal point I would move the main stone for the stone in the circle and the far right arrowed stone to the left of where the main stone would be to lean against. I like the way the stones are oriented, but I would change the arrangement. Also, I would move the wood to cluster around the circle but again not change the way they're oriented and perhaps consider adding some more. Finally I would push the retaining wall of stone back a little at the far right to make it look less manufactured.
Sorry you didn't get any advice before filling up and good luck with any changes you decide to make. I think it will look great all planted perhaps with some Corydoras and Rainbowfish too :).

there isn't an obvious focal point
Hey, thanks for the pointers but your suggestions wouldn't work due to the shapes of the stones.
You can't see it in the photo but the circled stone is very flat on top and it is waiting for some more stone to be put on top.
Also what the picture doesn't show is that the wall is not as flat as it looks in the photo.
Infact the photo is pretty useless!

Back