• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 45-p or 45-h

mooncake

Hello,

Does anybody here happen to have an ADA 45-h? I'm debating whether to pick up another ADA tank whilst TGM has its sale (having only just got myself a 60-p... I'm not sure this is the wisest decision, but it's so tempting for the price... even if this second one doesn't get set up for a while yet) but can't choose between the 45-p or 45-h.

One the one hand I'm thinking that I might as well go for the 45-h and gain a little extra space for the sake of an extra 3cm footprint, on the other I'm thinking that the dimensions of it might make the scape look a little odd. I've a nice piece of driftwood that I'm wanting to use that would be too tall for the 45-p and I think this is what's swaying me towards the taller tank (plus matching cover glass is still available for the 45-h, which saves the hassle of getting some cut to size). But if I wasn't for that, I'd probably have gone with the 45-p. The plan would be just to keep a betta inside, and potentially keep some shrimp from our community tank in there with him, depending on how he got on with them.

I can find hardly any images on google of scaped 45-h tanks which is a bit frustrating as that would help me make a decision (I'm guessing because of the more difficult dimensions?).

Any thoughts? What would you go with?

Hi
I was in the same boat as you. I too wanted a 45cm and decide to go for the 45h. I got a tall piece of wood and will fit perfect but too big for 45p.

What ever you choose it will look good anways.

Cheers
Ryan
20180512_103544.jpg

Thanks Ryan, it's really helpful to see a picture of someone else's. Yours is looking great. I've literally only found one other ADA planted up tank in this size whilst searching the internet! I think because of the dimensions my mind's playing tricks on me, telling me the tank will be too narrow. But obviously it's the same width as the 45-p...

What I'd really like is an ADA with something similar to the dimensions of Dennerle 55l scaper's tank, 45x36x34 o_O

Ryan's right, it depends on the type of scape you have in mind...but the 45-P will probably be easier to scape and more versatile; it has a more natural aspect ratio.

Shame we never get to see this planted - only the stunning hardscape :wideyed:

ADA Cube Garden 45H by Juan Puchades
An amazing piece of art...but I'm often left thinking this genre has more in common with modelling than aquascaping, perhaps why it was never planted...but overall I guess they've become indistinct from one another.

Seems I took too long to make up my mind, and the 45p sold out yesterday. Of course, now it's gone I'm thinking I wish I'd have picked it up :lol: For less than £50 I think that was a great deal. For now I've decided to wait on getting a new tank and concentrate on setting up my 60p. Hopefully once a new stockist for ADA is found in place of TGM they might have a cheeky sale at some point which could tempt me again.

Get the 45H
Tall tanks really are nice for fish, just a bit more challenging to scape :)

An amazing piece of art...but I'm often left thinking this genre has more in common with modelling than aquascaping, perhaps why it was never planted...but overall I guess they've become indistinct from one another.

Adam Paszczela does outstanding hardscapes (think he may sell "sets" as well) & this 45H seems to work very well as a display tank. Looking at the (too few!) videos, it seems that he has some very long running planted (display) scapes so it doesn't seem unusual that this one should remain to show Juan Puchades amazing hardscape
I can't decide if the (planted) tank next to it, is also a 45H

George Farmer's visit to ADA Poland Idea Studio

I can't decide if the (planted) tank next to it, is also a 45H

George Farmer's visit to ADA Poland Idea Studio
It does look like it could be, doesn't it? I'm a bit surprised there still aren't at least a few more videos of the 45h.

This may take a very long time ...

I suppose it could. I don't imagine they'll let just anybody take up the task. ADA alternatives will probably benefit from the wait, on the plus side for them. That does makes me feel more inclined to snap up the 45h while it's still there to be honest. But having thought about it, I think I would prefer the 45p. I already have a 45cm high tank and it does seem very deep. I don't doubt somebody with more skill than me could make some beautiful scapes with the dimension, though.

Back