• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Browning brital leaves

Update from me chaps. Flow is high co2 is good although had an outage for a couple of days, all back now. Lighting still low and ferts macro micro on off too.

New growth looking nice but older leaves are showing the previous black edges I saw on all leaves and the carpet is sketchy too, new growth is healthy but older leaves black edges if you look closely.

Rocks are growing the black algae too?

Since dimming the lower light Anubis and other large leaf species are responding better - as expected really?

Cheers
6fa7c9d22d757cfe5a69abf85b7ab6ed.jpg
f4a4b5605dec170b3f6fcfc578da5e10.jpg
4b43a28581a6f9ba50abf5939c408572.jpg
56ee9db7eaabdb014f516f90180006d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok mate perhaps due to the outage for a few days as the black edging seemed to die down.

You think try moving the return pump? It’s so aggressive when aimed at the sides and pushes all the soil etc back that’s why I’ve gone corner to corner?

Any reason the black algae would occur do you think with lower lighting still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see in the corner Monte Carlo looks good , big leafs , healthy stem , maybe your problem is the outage of co2 you had , depend how many days you had the outage .
Good flow means that the water needs to move gently in your tank and move all plants gently , if you have too strong flow and it moves the soil away then means its too much for your tank .
Keep in mind that if the flow is too strong it will help the co2 to go out of the tank . You need to find a balance .
I hope you understand what I mean

Back