• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NACD Optiwhite Aquariums on eBay

The quality is excellent. Very happy, I've had a couple of ADA tanks and I can't tell the difference . Best of all, you can have absolutely any size you can dream up!

Sorry to bump the thread PM, but I was wondering whether you’ve been happy with your NACD tank so far? I’ve been looking around for ones that are comparable to ADA in quality, possibly for a future purchase as ADA stock is really limited at the moment due to TGM’s closure, and this was one company I kept coming across.

The quality is excellent. Very happy, I've had a couple of ADA tanks and I can't tell the difference . Best of all, you can have absolutely any size you can dream up!
Thanks for the feedback. That's what appeals to me - the fact I could have a tank with exactly the dimensions I'd like. The ones currently listed by NACD on ebay do seem to come with a hefty price tag, though, in comparison to the ADAs that are on sale at TGM at the moment. I've been thinking about picking up one of those before they're all gone, but I'm a little put of by the sizes that are left. They are not quite the sizes I'd ideally choose, yet I do own one already and love the quality. They're less than half the price of the NACD ones because of the sale. Decisions...

I got a price for a NCAD rimless aquarium recently and they came in quite expensive imo, a tank smaller than the 1200 was just a tad cheaper than the EA 1200 tank only. As a result Im going with the EA aquascaper 1200.

for reference the aquarium I had priced was, 120 x 50 x 45, so a 20" width instead of 24"

Isn't thicker silicone layer better than this ultra clear joints? I also have custom made 30L optiwhite cube and it looks good, but the method of joints is the "classic one" (thicker).

Isn't thicker silicone layer better than this ultra clear joints? I also have custom made 30L optiwhite cube and it looks good, but the method of joints is the "classic one" (thicker).

The structural bond of silicone is only on the facing joints, when it’s spread out across the joint that section does nothing to assist with the integrity.

Like Mooncake, I would be interested in the response. I would love to buy an ADA from TGM, however, even in the sale the one large tank available is still quite an investment (even on sale). NACD seem to be the obvious alternative.

Only one I can give is that I emailed for a quote a couple weeks ago and never got a reply. I've ordered mine through aquariums4life. I went up to the place a few months ago to check out the quality of their work and was really impressed. The delay since then has been my end but the ball is rolling now. I wanted a quote from NACD by way of comparison in price as I'd heard good things about them and their tanks

I also asked for a quote a couple of times last year and never got a reply. No idea of their workmanship.

Back