• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In the Edge

I have to say I'm in love with this tank...
IMG_20171230_123922.jpg

Like I said before, there was a lot of melting on the left side, due to the experimental higher demanding plants not getting enough light... but it still looks cool! :cool:
IMG_20171230_123845.jpg

I think I haven't shared this before about this tank... the Tetras I bought have the Neon Tetra disease, so they're all slowly being affected and dying one at a time, it's going really slowly, I only lost a couple of fish so far, but can already see a few more have got it and are slowly getting worse. I would remove them all to avoid having it spread to the Endlers, but it's really hard to catch anything on this tank. So unfortunately it's a waiting game for Nature to take it's course. Hopefully the Endlers won't pick on the diseased Tetras and keep healthy.

Anyway, a couple of months ago, I got a couple baby Endlers from Ebay (I ordered more, but they didn't resist the trip) to put in there to keep the single male Endler some company, and as my luck goes, both of them were females (last time, out of 12, I got a single male)... so now they're breeding, I already have about 10 in there growing happily, and I guess they will spawn every month from now on.

Oh! And there's one more flower... :)
20180331_162021.jpg

Does your tank get any natural daylight on it ? Daughters tank is struggling on the std light.
Yes it's in a conservatory, so it gets a lot of daylight, and as you can see in the last picture there are a lot of floaters blocking the light. But the plants I have now are mostly good with low light, the ones I knew were a bit more light demanding melted away, so I'm just trimming and replanting the ones that are doing well in there.

I had to replace the LED light when I got the tank, and the new LED casing was slightly different, it looks like they improved the way the light is sealed from water moisture, the LED circuit seems to be similar, so don't know if there's more to it or not.

So, what happens when you get a few hours of direct sunlight on a low tech tank? Here's the answer...
20180427_135724.jpg

I tend not to remove the algae, because I get to see the shrimp more often, and the Endlers are spawning like rabbits, and the fry eats this as well.

20180427_135653.jpg

20180427_135555.jpg

20180427_135542.jpg

I am now dosing Excel, because the plants aren't being able to cope with so much light... here's a bonus video (sorry about the reflection):

In the beggining of this year I had 1 male Endler... ordered 2 Endler fry in February (ordered more, but only 2 resisted the trip)... 2 females... I have more than 20 now for sure.

Hi
The live bearers will give birth every month.Dependant on diet and female size between 25-100 babies.And guppies are not really that predatory so strap yourself for a lot more.lol
Regards Konsa

Hi
The live bearers will give birth every month.Dependant on diet and female size between 25-100 babies.And guppies are not really that predatory so strap yourself for a lot more.lol
Regards Konsa
I'm aware, they were the first fish I bought. The first batch was 12 fry, 2 jumped off the tank and from the other 10 only 1 grew up to be a male... so in a few months I had hundreds of them. These are just doing it a bit faster... :lol:

The Endlers aren't multiplying as fast as I expected, there are still a lot in there, though.
Plants are having a bit of a hard time with the extra sunlight and temp, specially the Anubias... but still looking good.

I've left 2 of the panels grow algae and the shrimp and fish fry seem to love it. Got myself a Flipper algae scrapper and it was the best thing I bought in a long time!

20180521_182248.jpg

20180520_141804.jpg

20180520_141811.jpg

Haha they've been doing their business to contribute to your business!

Back