• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Has anyone eaten any plants

Macman6

didn't really know how to categorise this, but has anyone ever grown and eaten anything in their tank?

i'm aware some Pennyworts are edible but unsure on others

During my fishing days at my favorite lake i always made tea from the watermint growing there.. :) Realy delicious tea actualy.. And equaly delicious in the salade..

Hi all,
I haven't tried it but <"Limnophila aromatica"> was originally introduced to the USA as a salad vegetable.

cheers Darrel

3 bananas?
i'll ask my sister in law :) if she knows the herb, she is from that region, vietnams neighbouring country.. She might know some recipes.. Maybe i've eaten it already, she always cooks crazy things i never seen or eaten before and she always scavaging the tropical food markets for strange ingredients..

I'll second both water mint (add to salads/sandwiches) and L.aromatica (add to stir-fry), I haven't eaten any submersed growth though. I've also grown basil with it's roots in the aquarium but it really does better in a pot on the windowsill.

I've also grown basil with it's roots in the aquarium but it really does better in a pot on the windowsill.
That's a extremely sun loving and fert hungry plant.. Long time ago i got a container used cocopeat from somebody who needed to get rid of it. It was still highly fertilized. I did spade it in the loft, that was my craziest summer ever, grew an ton of tomatos from 10 plants and had a almost metre high basil with a almost wooden stem. I actualy never new it was a shrub and it was the very last time i was able to grow it like that.

I guess to make it grow indoors without sunshine you likely need a +200 watt gas discharge tube. :)

Hi all,
I haven't tried it but <"Limnophila aromatica"> was originally introduced to the USA as a salad vegetable.

cheers Darrel

i do have a couple of stems of this, hoping it will grow emersed as it's poking through at the moment. will chuck some in the next Stir-fry i make is the Mrs will let me!

i've also tried water mint and Pennyroyal before, i was hoping i could find a better use for my excess Hydrocotyle leucocephala

Back