• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Aquasoil Malaya (Opinions please)

Hi all,

So I'm a bit frustrated right now. I've been sent the wrong item TWICE and have now ended up with ADA Aquasoil Malaya. The company expect me to pay for sending it back to them now, before they send the correct item and honestly, I'm not sure I can be bothered. I've already waited in for two days to take these deliveries.

My question is - Has anyone used Malaya and is it OK as a substrate? I'm aware it has less nutrients than Amazonia, but if I plan to dose ferts later down the line, will this be adequate?

Many thanks

Hello mate

Sorry to hear about that. Might be the same company im thinking off. The malaya will lower you ph more than the aquasoil but has less nutrients like you said. You can use tropica substrate as a base and then cap it with malaya.
They should take it back its there fault anyways If you use paypal then dont worry you can get your money. Just open a case with them or ring up

Cheers
Ryan

And if you didn't use Paypal, claim from your credit or debit card company.
You are due for a refund if you haven't received what you ordered.
If they sent you goods you didn't order it's up to them to arrange collection, at their expense and at your convenience.
They can offer you a deal if they like, such as keeping the Malaya for half price, but it's up to you whether to accept that.

Check your consumer rights - if a company sends an incorrect item, the return cost is on them - standard MO is company issues a return authorization number that you provide to mail service ...

Some companies will just offer the product at no charge rather than deal with return etc - especially if this is a second incorrect transaction with a customer, & then send out the corect product along with an :oops: :sorry: "present"

As Ryan says, PayPal dispute will sort out any refunds, as will a credit card company dispute

Malaya is much "trickier" than Amazonia as it has a much softer structure - ADA used to offer a warning on this in their Soils literature
For a small tank you're likely OK but any plant or hardscape changes can release loads of fines into the water column - best to remove livestock before changing stuff about

I'd just changeover to Tropica Powder ;)
(again with small tank, powder version of Amazonia or Tropica provides a better sense of scale, also easier to plant in & "preferred" by carpet plants ... there's a reason why all those ADA & Green Aqua videos add a top layer of Amazonia powder before planting :D )

Back