• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Recommend a suitable LED light unit for Juwel Rio 350 tank

Redrage

Seedling
Hi Guys,

I have a Juwel Rio 350 tank. It has the 2 original dual T5 light units fitted. I'm considering replacing them with a LED lighting unit. I would really like programmable sunrise / sunset and variable brightness adjustment on the LED unit. Could anybody recommend a suitable LED unit for my Rio 350 tank.?

Many Thanks,

Darren

Worth contacting Juwel direct as they had some new LED products at Interzoo (as did Eheim I believe)

The Juwel lighting unit MultiLux LED 120, fits the Rio 350.
https://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/Products/Lighting/LED/MultiLux-LED/MultiLux-LED-Light-Unit/

Shame the Juwel HeliaLux doesn't fit the 350, which appears be the only Juwel tank the HeliaLux'es don't fit.

HeliaLux has a controller time/

Might be worth dropping Juwel a line to see if there is a HeliaLux that fits the Rio 350.
I think the one that says Rio 300 fits. As far as I can workout the later Rio 300s were actually 350l and the same dimensions as as the 350 so I suspect it got renamed but the compatibility list of the Helialux didn't get updated.

I have the Helialux in my Rio 180 and it works really well but is expensive. Does the Rio 350 have two lighting units? If so you are looking @ £500 for two lights and two controllers (you cannot control more than one unit with the controller).

Hi,

My tank is the Rio 350 litre with the two dual T5 lighting units. With the Helialux requiring 2 light units and 2 control units, not really feasible. Just too expensive. I'm not running compressed CO2, just liquid carbon. Just looking for some suitable LED's so I can adjust the light intensity as I think the 4 T5 lamps are too high power for a liquid carbon tank. At the moment the lights are on about 6 hours as day, but the tank also gets some light from the living room window. I'm an electronics engineer, so I was considering building a LED light unit and controlling it with a TC420 lighting controller. Just not sure what type of LED's are suitable for a planted tank and the number, colour and wattage of LED's to go for. If any one has any advice on what LED's or a build log that might point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Darren

Back