• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2art regulator issue

Franks

Hi all,

I’ve a dual stage co2art regulator hooked up to a timer. Ive just got in from work fully expecting to see my tank pearling away as usual and I see nothing? I inspect the co2 bottle to find that solenoid is lit up but no gas is flowing through the regulator and the working pressure which usually sits at 40psi is now near the max of 135psi! The bottle pressure is still good at around 850psi.

What could be wrong with this regulator. Gutted now as I’m likely going to experience some sort of algae bloom just as things were starting to take shape!

I just fixed it!

Turns out the solenoid had to decided to stick closed hence no gas flow out and a pressure buildup of 130psi inside the reg.

Bizarrely, the actuator rod wasnt seated quite as vertically as it should be so i guess the spring loading side had gotten lodged in the closed position. I could tell it was the solenoid since powering it up didnt make the usual clicking noise.

Back