• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Haha...it may make a return, I'm not altogether impressed with my attempt at using slate ;)

An artist does lots on bad art before doing a masterpiece and sometimes it doesn't happen till the last brush stroke on the canvass. So all attempts which dont work out are good as one step closer to nailing it IMO.

Been playing around in the scape box and came up with this, thinking I'm probably going to use this one...

29298955668_bce5dc3b75_b.jpg
IMG_0971 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
43170175761_3dc8de6d08_b.jpg
IMG_0973 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
29298954408_338583d433_b.jpg
IMG_0897 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
29298952878_bfb36c7701_b.jpg
IMG_0919 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr
42452248474_6c5217f754_b.jpg
IMG_0917 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks for the suggestions Ed. Was thinking something along those lines.
Plant list so far...
Java fern - Trident (thanks Zeus)
H. pinnatifida
Buces
Mini Christmas moss
Crypts - C. wendtii green, kompakt, and maybe C. beckettii.
Rotalas
R. inundatus
Dwarf hairgrass or M. hirsuta
As for fish, small Hyphessobrycons and maybe a pair of Rams.

I've also got some lovely fern Marcel sent me along with an Aponogeton sp. which has just started to sprout leaves. Not sure if these are going in this scape or the 45-P, which I'll be scaping next.

Marcel sent me along with an Aponogeton sp. which has just started to sprout leaves.
Whooooot! I was realy hoping it would come back to live with your care.. :thumbup: Great job Tim!.. Thanks for making it survive.. :) It's the A. Robinsonii floating var. imho the most beatifull and delicate Aponogeton around.

And nice scape too!! :clap: Looking forward seeing this come together. How are going to name it?
The Borneo Bullhorns?... :lol:

A. Robinsonii floating var. imho the most beatifull and delicate Aponogeton around.
I've put it in a makeshift pot with some AS Powder topped with fine gravel...

43173334831_5f8fe5b791_b.jpg
IMG_1004 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Everything is set now to get the new scape underway. Just need to get a few odds and sods and then I can start scaping.
The nano has been brought back in to service as a holding tank for the plants salvaged from the shallow, inc the Aponogeton.

29302324608_2079d15160_b.jpg
IMG_1005 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

if you go Asia

Actualy with lots of rocks and wood with little room for soil rooting plants.. One is kinda bound to use asian plants.. As there are no South American epiphytes in the aquarium trade other than a few mosses.. Than you have to go all the way themed Asia or go what ever you like kakafonia nature style. :) IMHO me too i like it themed the best, some how the contrast of neon tetras with java ferns or even worse Discus with java ferns in the back kinda always hurts my eyes. It still does hurt me that i made a budgetary choice to go with anubias in my asian themed tank. In a way i keep seeing it still after over 2 years it nags.. :rolleyes: All tho anubias already grows as introduced exotic in asian wild.

There just aren't any consesion to make.. If you want to use epiphytes with SA fish you have to go kakafonia..

Looka great will ve watching this one.

You dosing co2 and ferts ?

Dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks @Deano3, yes it's going to be high-energy.
@Ryan Thang To thanks Ryan, I only sorted the shallow out yesterday, just want to get this up and running now :)

P.S. Saw Glen Saturday at Aquarium Gardens. Must try and get to Destination Aquatics soon, it's been about a year since I was last there.

Back