• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I can't catch fish which I think has pineconing

Were other different species of fish in the same tank affected by the disease? (sorry about grammar, no neat way to say that!) Or was it just M.praecox?
I have Sterbai Cory, black neon tetras, otos, nerites and amanos. It was only the M.praecox and I have not had a death in several months since I euthanised the last one.

Depending on # of rainbows & your level of objectivity, consider removing all rainbows before your holiday - remove to a separate bin with a sponge filter while you're away (how long is holiday?) or euthanize ...

Preventing other stock from consuming these dying/dead fish is strongly preferred - what other livestock are in tank?

If rainbows continue to pass at similar rate to these last two, will tank be overwhelmed with bioload???

I'd not buy any hobby grade UV - they won't provide any protection against mycobacterium (& very little else)

Re infection of other stock, disease progress is measured in months to years, so it's very difficult to assess infected state on companion fish

Back