• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Undelivered Items

forever

Hi folks,
Wants the general protocol on here for trading when something is payed for but does not arrive? I have bought and sold a fair bit and never had an issue so this is the first time only £4.00 but the principal I have always lived by is if I send something and it does not arrive it's my responsibility..

Hi folks,
Wants the general protocol on here for trading when something is payed for but does not arrive? I have bought and sold a fair bit and never had an issue so this is the first time only £4.00 but the principal I have always lived by is if I send something and it does not arrive it's my responsibility..
Well, I believe there's no written protocol about this, we go with common sense.

When buying, you play it safe and pay with Paypal (not gift or family, as you cannot claim these), if there's a problem and the seller doesn't do anything about it, you settle it with paypal.
When selling, if selling expensive stuff, send it tracked and insured (after getting paid, of course!), or if it's something small, cheap, and you can afford to lose it, you can try to send it again, or just send a refund.

I stopped trying to send stuff a second time, because usually, if it fails to arrive once, it's highly likely to fail again.

I guess same as Kadoxu, send it tracked or signed.. Unfortunately for letter postage and small goods it is rather too expensive and exceeding the content value. Than if it goes untracked or insinged there is no way to check and it all comes down to mutual trust. If the reciever says i didn't get it. There is nothing to proof and nothing to protocol..

I do not know how it is in other countries, but in mine postal service used to be a state department. You couldn't get in without a proper screening and the postman worked under an oath, had a nice uniform and responsibility, privacy and secrecy was a highly respected part of the job. Later on the postal service got privatized, no more screening and no more oath. Now they have cheap studends and temporaries working parttime delivering the mail.. And rather very sloppy at times, regularly get post from other streets with same housenumber as mine. Blue monday morning delivery. ;) Only the officialy tracked service is about flawless, i guess because sloppiness can be traced back..

It only happened to me once recieved a damaged untracked envelope with a piece of amber send from Lithuania. It had a label on it from the postal service, package damaged and opened, we closed it back for you. ichecked contents was lost, probably stolen along the way. Paypal covered it after seeing the a picture of the labeled envelope without asking any further questions. But i guess if it is something regularly happening to the same person they certainly will start asking questions.. I do not know what their responce would have been without the official postage label about damaged goods.

Paypal is the way to go,if its Royal Mail they should have put a card for collection if not in, contact the seller often good customer service will see them resend another. I ordered a sponge filter £2 free p&p from Hong Kong , I almost gave up on it arriving then it did. Mostly companys what to have regular customers so its worth contacting them. private sellers more pitfalls unless on ebay or amazon

Been doing eBay 18 years and sold on many forums - if you didn't send recorded or signed for and it is lost, then it is on you. Even if the buyer doesn't request tracked post, you should always apply it for your own protection & peace of mind.

As a result, if it does get lost you are entitled to a small level of compensation so no one loses out.

I'd take this as a heads up (since it was only a few quid) to pay the tiny bit extra in future on anything you send to anyone.

. I ordered a sponge filter £2 free p&p from Hong Kong , I almost gave up on it arriving then it did
That is an annoying thing about personal stuff from HongKong/China, often quote 3 - 28 days delivery !!!

I have had things that I didn't need in a hurry (and sometime incorrect item on my part :banghead:) take 6 days and things I want in a hurry take 25 days....Mind you all have arrived OK, eventually.

That is an annoying thing about personal stuff from HongKong/China, often quote 3 - 28 days delivery !!!

I have had things that I didn't need in a hurry (and sometime incorrect item on my part :banghead:) take 6 days and things I want in a hurry take 25 days....Mind you all have arrived OK, eventually.

Gotta love China! I must say, a lot of my equipment comes from there on the famous 7-40 day service (usually by day 30 it arrives). Worth the wait for the price - and free postage?! How??

When I went to return something that was broken it would have cost me 3 times the value of the item just to send it back! Easier to just buy another.

Back