• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my 130 L

James_Kye

well here is the tank in question.
as you can see the tank dose not look great with nothing on the bottom lol. the bubbles are the Co2 as there coming from the deffuser and into the powerhead.

the large mangrove wood came from germany as it was cheaper than buying local ( lfs's were wanting £100+ ) where as it was only £30 by the time i paid for shipping.

am thinking in moving the taller plants to behind the root in the right corner to make way for slightly shorter planting / bushy planting in the left corner.

sorry for the pretty poor pic . i only just took a quick shot of the tank.
it is a little bit brighter than what it looks in the pic.
2009_02100002RAF.jpg

Nice tank. I don't know if it's the photo (I know you said it looks brighter IRL) or the lights, or maybe the wood is leaking tannins but it looks quite dark. It might just be because the tank is soo tall.

The tank looks way smaller than what it is!

Good start though, I'm sure it can be made into something really nice.

the tannins are supposed to be there ( to keep the ph at 6.8 ).
but yes it is lighter than in the pic but not a great deal ( to the eye anyway ).
but i had been told by others theres to much light lol ( 72 watts of T5 interpet daylight plus PC's )
and no room to add any more lighting.

going to move the taller plants to the back of the mangrove root and get other plants on the left corner maybe a microsorum and maybe try parvula possibly ??.. oh and try some cuba again.

Hi,
By the way, neither plants nor fish actually care very much about pH so this is one less thing to worry about. When you add CO2 the pH will rise and fall as you turn the gas off and on and this has no effect in terms of pH. It's the CO2 concentration level that you want to keep stable.

Some believe that the tannins act as a prophylactic however this is unconfirmed in a tank environment. The tannins do obscure the light and helps to reduce the energy input in case you had too much light. This might be another case of doing the right thing for the wrong reason. 8)

Cheers,

Back