• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! UKAPS shuts down when I post a conversation

BarryH

Whenever I start a "conversation" with another UKAPS member, when I write and then send the conversation, the conversation gets sent but both UKAPS and my internet connection shuts down.

This has happened on a couple of occasions recently. Nothing like this happens when I post in the forums, just when I start a conversation. Any help or advice?

By clicking on the name of the member I want to start a conversation with Paulo

By clicking on the name of the member I want to start a conversation with Paulo
Do you click on the name and "Start a Conversation" or you click straight on "Contact" under the avatar (member photo)?

Hey Paulo,
I confirm this behavior occurs either by clicking the name or by selecting "Start a Conversation" In my case, using the latest Firefox on windoze10. In fact the entire tab in a multi-tab session closes but does not log you off immediately. You can recover the session by opening a new tab and clicking the bookmark.

Cheers,

Thanks Clive, I think it has something to do with the "Contact" Button add-on, I have disabled it now, could you please test and let me know if still an issue, thanks

Seems to work now Paulo. I was about to blame it on micronutrient toxicity. You saved me.
I did read all about the scientific evidence and it was inconclusive! so I decided to do the practical thing instead that actually works!

Just sent you a message Paulo and everything now seems to work fine. Message sent and it returned me back to UKAPS. Thanks for the help.

Just sent you a message Paulo and everything now seems to work fine. Message sent and it returned me back to UKAPS. Thanks for the help.
Glad its sorted, I will see if there is an update to the addon that was causing the issues, it did work fine in some browsers, if not then we just have to leave without it, it was added functionally just to try and make the forum a little more intuitive. There is a major upgrade to the software that I will have to perform at some stage, that will cause some re-learning how things work, which I have been dreading to upgrade yet as it's going to mean 3-4 weeks of work from me!!!

Back