• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

80cm Lighting advice please...Chihiros A Series

Nick Norman

Hi, I am looking to upgrade my lighting for my High Tech 80cm x 40cm x 45cm high.

Chihiros A-Series looks good for the money but not sure which to get.

Q 1 - Would one A801 80cm long unit be enough light for high tech? Would it produce enough light evenly across the width of the tank?

Q 2 - would one A-Series Plus be a better option, the A601 Plus is the one for 60 to 80cm tanks. Would it mater that it falls short by 15cm each end of the tank?

Or is there a better option/light that isn't too expensive?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Either one of those lights would be more than enough. Depending on your scape however; Some scapes will block light and reduce spread unless you hang the light.

A1 - one 801 A series will give more than enough light, they are very bright. The light spread it might not cover the width of your tank. I use one A series 901 on a 90cm long 35cm wide and it covers the width.

A2 - no experience with the plus series, but 15cm on each side it will be a problem depending on your scape. If you want to grow plants on those areas, stick with the A series 801.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Not sure about the light units but if you're buying from Hinterfeld, think about getting one of their S2 Controllers at the same time. They're adjustable to give you simulated sunrise and sunsets.

Back