• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eden / Zoo-med Sweeping Powerhead

I was looking at them from here - http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalo ... -heads.asp

Although I am presuming that they just blast the water out in a forwards direction (i know they turn but they will be the same as other powerheads), but koralia models spread the flow out evenly across the water giving better circulation across a wider area of the tank.

I havent used on so my views may be wrong.

i know this is an old thread ,, BUT i have experience of these and they are exactly like all other powerheads a narrow jet of water , unless you add the fish tail which spreads the water a bit but the one i had kept coming off because of the force. so i super glued it on. then after 1 month it stopped turning side to side so i took it to bits to check and the wheel inner section some of the teeth had already worn down to almost nothing for some reason. and the metal shaft was rusting.
i complained but all emails were ignored.

but i love hydor powerheads there brill. and have some pretty nifty new larger powerheads available which may be ideal for those with large tanks.

Back