• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's Forest scape 128L

RIP Forest.

Time for something new! I will share the final video and final shot after contest results.
40727232005_3fb23c82e1_k.jpg
new start 80cm by Nigel H, on Flickr

Good luck with the contest Nigel.
Fantastic scape and journal :clap:.

Thank you Daveslaney! :D

Planning on doing another forest scape? Good luck with the contests!

Not really a forest scape like this again. But I loved it for sure! Just don't wanna do the same style over and over again. Although I start a new nano tank this summer which gonna be with wood and mosses. The 80cm tank is gonna be a valley with stones,woods and small details.And thnx!

Hey Nigel,

Did you get a replacement for your power supply?

Hey, yes it works fine now. :)

Moving on to mixing my own ferts. It is cheaper and have I more control to get the values that I desire. Going for an ADA approach with more PO4. Gonna make three bottles. One with N/P, one with K and one with micros.
27909222838_704bd3543a_k.jpg
dry salts planted box 2.0 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Love your tanks Nigel.

It's inspired me to do a forrst scape next in a spare ADA 30cube i have. Just trying to get hold of some right pieces of wood. Not sure how much more difficult it will be with a cube dimensions tank

Love your tanks Nigel.

It's inspired me to do a forrst scape next in a spare ADA 30cube i have. Just trying to get hold of some right pieces of wood. Not sure how much more difficult it will be with a cube dimensions tank

Thank you!

I am not so fan of cubes. But possible! I prefer tanks with more depth than height. Gives wider appearence. But still my tanks don’t really have that dimensions. But I never had a real cube.

Pieces are hard to collect for forest scape. Lots of sniping in stores and need to saw.

Big pieces In front is important. If you cannot find big ones try to combine multiple pieces and put moss on connections. And Tiny roots is important for detail work to make impact.

I just bought some “Nice” tree pieces last time when I was hunting for Seiryu at different stores. Wish I Found this pieces when making my first two forests! Not planning a forest now again but Maybe in future
a8b16641144bcb3f10186cb0d68d3e2a.jpg

d74f9bc69a4a11cb30b153b8dbc09515.jpg

0a706df28fa0fe09085d35c0bf634087.jpg

caa8090ea97a5374190bcf55c535ad12.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

they are very nice pieces, my LFS is rubbish! so no such pieces availble other than online so making if difficult

they are very nice pieces, my LFS is rubbish! so no such pieces availble other than online so making if difficult

It is hard. I also need to drive a lot
to good stores. For good hardscape you need to visit lots of stores. Not just 1 or 2.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Back