• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 45P Forest scape

would break my heart seein gthat taken apart, i can see how people end up with a house full of tanks, im about to start my third and gf is going crazy!

would break my heart seein gthat taken apart, i can see how people end up with a house full of tanks, im about to start my third and gf is going crazy!

For me when layout is done I want to try something else. Try to make something "better" with what I have learned from the process.

Yes this hobby can be addictive! Expensive to :p For me 3 high tech tanks is max I want in terms of maintenance (not 3 big tanks, I have 1 80cm and 2 nanos atm). I think if you get more than tree tanks you will have quantity but less quality. Best thing to do is probably 1 big tank like 120cm and focus hard on that one. But also if you are relative new to this hobby more tanks = faster learning with plants and styles. Now I like 3 tanks maybe in future when life is more busy I will have 1 120cm tank... we will see how it goes :)

When the tank goes wild because it's hard and not fun to trim the moss in such a small space. And a little bit lazy of course :p
43875374442_939b8aba5c_k.jpg
room shot ada 45p nigel by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

When the tank goes wild because it's hard and not fun to trim the moss in such a small space. And a little bit lazy of course :p
43875374442_939b8aba5c_k.jpg
room shot ada 45p nigel by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

I think the lack of trimming has made it look so so natural. Close up shots without view of the tank would feel like a forest (with random floating fish of course haha)

oh and its amazing.

Mine too. I've managed to convince her its a good idea and we can make money from it...haha. She will believe anything if i say it with enough passion.

Haha if only that could be true...aquascaping is only good at loosing time and money...Wish I could stop

Haha if only that could be true...aquascaping is only good at loosing time and money...Wish I could stop

Yeah aquascaping takes lots of time and money, especially if you want to make competition scapes. But I don't get your point. I love aquascaping and if it felt a waste of time for me and money, I would quit? Also if you quit aquascaping I am sure you will "waste time" on something else and also money. Aquascaping gear is expensive but IMO it's all about making choices in life. Going on holiday is also very expensive for a few weeks fun. Maybe choose a Toyota car instead of a Mercedes? If you buy a cheaper but still a reliable car or skip a holiday once you can easily afford a setup. Once you have all the equipment and stick to just one tank, the only thing you need to buy is new hardscape (if you want more options) and plants. Or if something gets broken.

Beyond fabulous scape nigel, what camera are you using?

Thanks man. Just a second hand entry dslr camera. Canon 700d

For my photography setup for full tank shots for contests I use this setup. All the details and tips in video below

Awesome Nigel, love all of your tanks! I've just bought a 45p and the Aquasky light unit and will use this as inspiration for a forest scape

Thanks good luck with your forest!

Nigel

What more can I add other than you never see a perfectly trimmed old forest that is what makes them so interesting.

Creating a perfect natural Aquascape is not just a matter of letting go wild in the early stages it must be controlled to make it appear it has that young developing forest.

Any chance of taking a few photos with just the touch of back lighting showing sun rise/set ?

Keith:wave::wave:

Received some bucephalandra moss from someone. Very happy with it. It grows low, compact and is not demanding.

37536993671_1c5fe4b01b_k.jpg
Bestand 06-10-17 21 29 37 by Nigel H, on Flickr

Anyone have any idea where you can get this?

Awesome scape Nigel, how did this plant fair in the setup?

Cheers,

Matt

Back