• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What are some EI Alternatives?

Hi all,

I was wondering what alternatives to EI ferts you recommend. Ideally I want something that's hassle-free and able to be dosed either daily or weekly in case I need to go away on holiday for example.

Are there any good all-in-one ferts that come with a mixing bottle for a reasonable price?

Many thanks,

Chris

Evolution Aqua ‘The Aquascaper’ will be the easiest complete fertiliser.
Premixed in one bottle, dose daily as per instructions.

In theory, when you go away, you could increase the dose and dose weekly if need be. I think that’s what George farmer does at the shop aqua depot in London.

Instructions are based on EI but ferts are ready made and mixed, rathaer than DIY method.

500ml for £12. Will last a long time on a small tank.

Last edited:
Evolution Aqua ‘The Aquascaper’ will be the easiest complete fertiliser.
Premixed in one bottle, dose daily as per instructions.

In theory, when you go away, you could increase the dose and dose weekly if need be. I think that’s what George farmer does at the shop aqua depot in London.

Instructions are based on EI but ferts are ready made and mixed, rathaer than DIY method.

500ml for £12. Will last a long time on a small tank.

This looks spot on, Siege. I wanted something a little cheaper than the EI kit as well so this will do nicely! Quick question off topic regarding algae - I appear to have what looks like some algae that actually started to grow during my dry start (I guess it could be a type of moss). Will ferts make the problem worse? I've had my photo period at about 11 hours during the dry start, which I'll cut down to 8 hours starting tomorrow which will hopefully solve the problem. Any other advice?

Many thanks

Back