• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's Forest scape 128L

Well done :thumbup:

Thanks man
Congrats, that's a great result considering that anything under 90cm generally does pretty badly. Kudos

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you. For a big tank like 120cm I have no space. Or I have to sell the 80cm + 45cm but I kinda like multiple tanks/styles. I think I will learn faster currently with multiple tanks. Maybe in the future a bigger tank but not now.

Great scape, well deserved :)

Thanks man

Gefeliciteerd!

Dankje!

Super nice nigel ! and yes well deserved indeed!

Thank you :)

Nice work, takes some commitment to enter these competitions! Can you post your final photo now?

Iaplc is an ridiculous contest, everything that is placed over the top 100 is randomly ranked anyway

Iaplc is an ridiculous contest, everything that is placed over the top 100 is randomly ranked anyway
This used to be the case years ago but believe it changed some 8 or so years ago, they are ranked randomly in 50's up to 500 then in random 100's for the rest. Hence why the car crash tanks don't end up at rank 101.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Another sneak peak before the FTS and final video.
43262663804_1bf17c8c4c_k.jpg
forest 8 by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Thank you. I have talked with different people and some have moved from IAPLC. I heard, but I am not sure if it is True but Classic nature style and larger leaved plants are in favour this year. Ofc there will be diorama in top 127 but Maybe Classic nature style will dominate in the top. I am not sure but Maybe more Classic nature style in top can boost sales. I think Very technical scapes are to complex for people that see IAPLC for the first time. They may have no idea where to start and think my entry is not good enough to enter IAPLC. Yet ofc Ada wants as much people entering contests. Contest is rescaping every year which is better for sales. I respect IAPLC and will enter again next year. It is a dream to rank high once. But IAPLC has some strange things if you think about it. Most if not all judges are not aquascapers. Maybe some don’t even set up an aquarium in their life. Yet they judge on scapes. Do they understand What it takes if they have no experience in making? Contests like CIPS have lots of aquascapers as judges. Previous year top 100 CIPS was doable to reach. Believe me this year will be hard lots of good entries their.

Getting the same rank twice. Wtf the odds of that.

Btw I respect Classic nature style but I think for New scapers it looks easier to make a copy.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Well said.

Classic Nature style is my fav but the only ones that tank in the top 100 iaplc with that style are generally japanese...enough said.

Well said.

Classic Nature style is my fav but the only ones that tank in the top 100 iaplc with that style are generally japanese...enough said.

Ha yeah but also lots of entries from Japan. Aquascaping is popular there so there is more chance that they will be in the top. From the 1977, 573 are from Japan.

Waw ! Congratulations Nigel ! :woot:
Been following your work (and this tank turning to a "under 100 rated gorgeous tank" :what:) on differents supports (Youtube, forums NA and FR etc) and want to thank you for the tips, lessons, etc you gave/are giving ! That's really kind and appreciated by a lot of persons ! :thumbup::thumbup:
Wish you the best for your next tanks/scapes and for your life in general ! :clap: (please, apologize my english, I usually speak french hihihi)

Back