• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid carbon

Just for information, there is liquid carbon which is based on glutaraldehyde like product. But there are now other which are based on Citric acid, citrates, and other components, more natural, without glutaraldehyde. Some examples Dennerle Elixier Bio (don't confuse with Dennerle Carbo Booster Max), Brightwell Aquatics FlorinAxis, Continuum Aquatics Flora viv Prolifera.

Michel.

i use easy carbo, double dose in my little tanks. I split the dose in half and dose in the morning and when lights go on in the evening. I also cut my fert down from daily to twice weekly. This seems to work well to give me moderate to slow growth with minimal algae but I think it varies a lot depending on your light and stocking levels.

I use flourish excel. No more bga on the anubias. I dose it every other day except the weekend that i’m away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently tore down 300 litre lower light tank that I dosed product "Metricide 14" at 20ml a day at same time each day(important ) for nearly two year's.
Product(Glut) in nearly twice the strength of Excel and much cheaper by the US Gal.
Plants were mostly Anubia species,Bucephalandra,Water sprite,Crypt Balansae,Echinodorus Rose X2.
Plant's performed well with daily dose mentioned,along with once a week addition of dry fertilzers Macro/Micros, and weekly 50% water changes.
Same tank performed equally well for same period without the Glut but seldom saw Large Sword plant's throw out runner's which escaped the top of the tank with such vigor.
way less issues with hair algae that used to tip the ends of the Crypt Balansae that lay upon the surface directly Under LED'S.
I think the extra carbon source for plants from the liquid supplement's can only be a benefit in otherwise limited environment.
Will not in my view, allow for light energy to exceed capability of increasing CO2 as might be demanded by more demanding plant's.
Given short time that liquid carbon remains available for plants 12 to 24 hours I believe is quoted,,Dosing just before light's on at same time each day,,produced best result's for me .

I use liquid carbon it does keep algae down and I find it makes a difference to my plants also. I stopped using it for a while and I had massive algae problems duno if it was because I stopped using it or not.

I'm about to reduce Liquid Carbon in all my tanks to ZERO. It's a con.
Tell that to Tom Barr and all of the others who have tested it and saw easily measureable results.

If you do some research you will see that as with most things in this hobby, there is a lot of mis and disinformation surrounding this topic.

Back