• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to get debris off plants

jonathanj

is there a way how to get plants looking fresh again because there is debris/fine dirt/dust on plants
some from tropica aqua soil powder and other just debris from cleaning bogwood and broke down plants

iv rubbed some of leaves using fingers but plants are that delicate and thin that have damaged few leaves on tiger lotus

is there a medication or fish/shrimp/snails whot would do this job for me

is there a way how to get plants looking fresh again because there is debris/fine dirt/dust on plants
some from tropica aqua soil powder and other just debris from cleaning bogwood and broke down plants

iv rubbed some of leaves using fingers but plants are that delicate and thin that have damaged few leaves on tiger lotus

is there a medication or fish/shrimp/snails whot would do this job for me
I would suggest increasing your flow rate so that it never has the chance to settle.

If needed i use a brush sometimes.. Those disposable hog hair Glue brushes (flat) are fine and realy cheap. A few pennies a piece or a pound or 2 for a set of 10..

The metal shaft can be bend gently, so you get an angle makes all a bit more accessible, you get easier into and around corners. The metal is rather thin and fragile, there is little quality to the brushes, they are made for one time use and dispose. The metal will crack if bend to far or to often. Than gently bend it into desired position and take a piece of shrink tube to reinforce it.
DSC_0246.jpg

Than you'll have a few penny worth but long time fun and soft brushing for delicate places. :)

i had a little water pump with a hose that i would use to blow the hard scape off with worked well you just had to be careful you didn't blow more dust up lol

If needed i use a brush sometimes.. Those disposable hog hair Glue brushes (flat) are fine and realy cheap. A few pennies a piece or a pound or 2 for a set of 10..

The metal shaft can be bend gently, so you get an angle makes all a bit more accessible, you get easier into and around corners. The metal is rather thin and fragile, there is little quality to the brushes, they are made for one time use and dispose. The metal will crack if bend to far or to often. Than gently bend it into desired position and take a piece of shrink tube to reinforce it.
View attachment 117400

Than you'll have a few penny worth but long time fun and soft brushing for delicate places. :)
is Hog hair more fine than say other brushes zozo would this hog hair Fan brush be ok

And don't think iv ever bean any good at getting into delicate places as little heavy handed lol ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Arte...hash=item5b454b7985:m:mYCtCmYrh2Jn-bPu5fmeJLw

is Hog hair more fine than say other brushes zozo would this hog hair Fan brush be ok

Probably not and the question is even if it says hog hair it likely will partialy be synthetic fibre. But it is soft enough not to damage soft tissue.
I would worry to much and buy the cheapest possible.. Because they are not made to bend and the more expensive they are the more bending is prevented by using stronger material. It will break instead of bend. Or buy a pre bend one, these also excist..

Back