• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Simple shrimp pico scape

CooKieS

Hi there,

New project, simple scape for shrimps...

8l optiwhite glass cube
Led pico by collar aqualighter
Hob filter by Sunsun

O knott soil
Black stone
River Wood

Dry start with eBay seeds

Plants to come:
Anubia petite
Massimo balls
Seeds
Ferns
Bucephalandra
Mini taiwan moss

Day one:
180825090709128583.jpg

Cheers

Looks cool, what are the seeds? Do you have a link? Will make an awesome carpet!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Cook ! What a pretty little tank you got here ! And it grows fast and healthy ! :clap:
Can you tell me more please ? 1 corner remains open all day/night long ? How often do you spray it with water ? 6 hours lightning or more ?
I'm sure I will end up to give it a try soon ! lol:what:

Thanks mate, here's my routine;

One small corner remains always open
I spray it once every two days
Between 12 to 15hours lightning period

That's All...we'll see of it continue to grows nicely when emersed but I don't think so as this is gonna be an low tech tank.

Try it, it's so easy and cheap!

It will be interesting to see what they grow into. I've heard mixed reviews about seeds i.e. they are often not what they are sold as. The pictures are often the seed leaves (the first pair of leaves a plant grows) which can be quite different to how they look mature. Looks very nice at the moment though!

Oh my ! 12 to 15 hours of lightning, ok, I was far away !
Thank you cook for all infos ! Oh, another question comin to my mind... RO water or tap ?

Yeah, heard about that too, Tam. Is it your case, Cook ? If it is allowed by the forum, can you share the seller's link plz ?

Hi all,
It will be interesting to see what they grow into. I've heard mixed reviews about seeds i.e. they are often not what they are sold as. The pictures are often the seed leaves (the first pair of leaves a plant grows) which can be quite different to how they look mature. Looks very nice at the moment though!
My thought as well. Because the seed has germinated so quickly and so well, I would suspect it isn't a carpet plant, have a look at <(Probably not.......)>.

cheers Darrel

@tam and dw1305:

Yeah, I already know those aren't real carpeting plants or glosso, I've seen an youtube video about them and the Guy said those were hygrophila sp? I don't really care as long as I can maintain them low by regular trimming...we'll see, if this turns wrong I'll replace with MMC.:)

Anyway, here's my friends wabi-kusa with the same seeds, two months from the start, seems to carpet in emersed setup;

180831051127385725.jpg

18083105112890759.jpg

@Ysiatis : you'll find the amazon link above the last two pics of the tank.
;)

Last edited:
Back