• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tank and equipment suggestions

Nubias

Hi guys,

Scheming the next project and would like to hear suggestions on equipment choices. Open to hearing all brands and price points however something middle of the range is probably where I am at.

Will even consider tank with internal sump filter setup. Having the working equipment as hidden as possible is probably one of my biggest aims.

Tank size undecided but something along the lines of 45p, 60p or 45f , 60f. Open top with emersed plant growth. Open to tank suggestions other than ADA also, what size would you choose?

What lighting would you suggest? I really like the look of the twinstar lights, I also really want dimming abilities and programmable on off as I dislike the instant on and off of my current tank as it startles the fish. This could either be a function of the light itself or a plug and play 3rd party option.

What filtration would you recommend? Will consider most options, external, HOB or even an internal if it’s discrete enough to hide within the scape. Don’t want flow to be too extreme so this should be a consideration.

Heating? Either built into filter or inline.

Livestock possibilities would include ember tetra, rasbora, dwarf cory or maybe a apisto sp.

Interested to hear what you would choose.

Thanks

Ok well I'm not sure how these choices will go down with others but here's a suggestion for you given what you've said about hiding equipment and low flow...

Tank, filter and heater: aqua nano 60 which is a 100 litre set up with filter and heater integrated behind a black background. They are possibly on the low end of mid-range but it should mean flow isn't too bad being an all in one thing. I really liked the look of these when I saw them in the store and the tidiness behind and under the tank with this set up appeals to me along with the reduced potential for spilling water everywhere (I'm not the best at this!).

Lighting: Tank above comes with LED lights which I suspect arnt up to much. With the money saved on the tank you could get the twinstar and a ramp up timer thing (I'm not the best to advise on this re compatibility but I've seen then for about £40) thia would offer the most controllabiliy over the lighting.

Hey Matt,

Had actually looked at this tank online and do like it except for the height of 47 if only it was slightly shorter I think it would be perfect. The 60x40 footprint is a nice dimension once you factor in the internal filter.

If you want a particular dimension try getting some quotes for a custom, I just got a 900x45 and it wasn't as expensive as you might think.

Back