• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Super Glue to hold mosses on Rock

PaulandPauleen

Seedling
Hi All, been watching quite a bit of aquascaping on you tube and seen a few using superglue to hold mosses to hard scape. I'm wondering if this is ok in a shrimp tank. I think it looks much more natural than string riccia line or whatever you like to call it. Has anyone ever used superglue to fix moss to rock and the like??

Best method I find to glue moss to objects is to use the gel type and put a little bobble (like 1mm) every couple inches on the object then use a lolly stick to spread the beads of glue into each other to make a thin line. This works better on a damp (not wet) object rather than dry.

Then I drop the moss in strands onto the line of glue and blow them to make sure they get a good contact. I rarely if ever use my finger to push the moss on as you just end up covered in glue and moss.

Once the moss is all on an in place I spray it with water to activate it. Then pop it back in the tank once it turns white.

Onetime I near cut my fingertip off chopping corncob & the A&E nurse superglued it back together. I read it was used in the Vietnam war by yank soldiers & now its standard medical kit. Cool stuff!

Back