• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy a new rimless tank. aquamaniauk

Onoma1

I am looking for a rimless tank, would love an ADA, however can't afford one yet. I have been scouring ebay for a decent used one and saw Aquamaniauk who seem to be selling rimless braceless tanks in low ironl at a low price. Before investigating further I wondered if anyone on the forum had bought one from them and wondered what they thought?

Low iron glass is not cheap
Clean silicon work is not accomplished by the inexperienced
Rimless tank of significant size better have good silicon work (& appropriate silicone used)

What’s the guarantee on this eBay tank (realistically)

TGM clearance in ADA tanks makes them a rather good price - though selection is fairly limited now

Ideally, am looking for a 70cm by 70cm by 45cm tank - Optiwhite on the front and sides. I love the idea of the larger surface area. On scouring the forum the best company to go with at the moment seems to be Aquariums4life (who are also based in the North West).

I have spent the last month looking for one on ebay, however, haven't been able to find one in the North West.

The price for this is a bit more than I can afford at the moment so I have compromised on a 60 by 60 by 45. Which comes in at about £220. I intend to buy it early next week.

Before I do, what would you recommend? Does anyone have any other ideas.

Looking up some reviews on

It seems the Tanks they sell are build by
https://ndaquatics.co.uk/aquarium/braceless-aquariums/
:)
I would steer clear of ND if you're after some decent quality silicone work; it is far from minimal and a bit (very) messy in my experience as was the tank in general.
I do know they go through phases of the work being of different quality but the silicone has never been anything like minimal as with the ADA and Evolution Aqua Aquascaper tanks.
Personally I would advocate the Aquascaper tanks; great quality minimal silicone.

I just got a 90x45x45 from aquariums4life if you want some photos? I've not seen an ADA/EvolutionAqua to compare but the silicone looks neat enough to me.

Where are you getting the Aquariums4Life reviews from ?
I'm not convinced that A4L and ND are related in anyway.

Googling and reading.. :) Found a forum thread and the OP was a question about experiences with A4L aqauriums. There was one answer stating ND is the source.. The feedback in this thread in general was rather very positive as very nice top noch well build product.

So opinions and experiences rather differ.

Anyway, what ever feedback is given.. Ordering and above all paying first without seeing for real first hand as always a gamble.. I wouldn't do it.. There goes nothing above a personal visit, feel, smell, touch and chat. Never buy a product like that blindly.. :thumbup:

Ok. Think I've found the thread that you're talking about, really doesn't make good reading for ND to be honest. I've also just explicitly asked A4L on FB, here's their response.

Hi I can guarantee everything we sell, we also build and everything is done in house, feel free to come and take a look. The quality of our tanks will beat anything that ND Aquatics/ Prime aquariums can produce and that we can guarantee. Kindest regards Aquariums4life

They also provided some pictures of their facilities, which they're currently expanding
41500264_515782905514958_1054260707043835904_n.jpg 41522483_875289795997707_2655022866830983168_n.jpg 41668551_342156236528199_5885683617476116480_n.jpg 41705227_593542544414230_2612287963710619648_n.jpg

Lots of examples of their work on FB

https://www.facebook.com/Aquariums4life/

I know where I'm going for my next tank!

Back