• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's Forest scape 128L

Very happy with the outcome of my first diorama scape. Rank 69 CIAC!

Thanks for all the support!

Let's scape hard!

42447497250_758416411f_o.jpg
enchanted forest nature aquarium aquascape nigel aquascaping ciac rank 69 by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Waw ! Congratulations Nigel ! :woot:
Been following your work (and this tank turning to a "under 100 rated gorgeous tank" :what:) on differents supports (Youtube, forums NA and FR etc) and want to thank you for the tips, lessons, etc you gave/are giving ! That's really kind and appreciated by a lot of persons ! :thumbup::thumbup:
Wish you the best for your next tanks/scapes and for your life in general ! :clap: (please, apologize my english, I usually speak french hihihi)

Thanks for the kinds words bro!! No problem I understand your English.

You also good luck! :)

Fantastic result Nigel, really enjoyed studying the pictures. Great use of various mosses. I really like the hydrocotyle, reminds me of Psorel growing on forest floor. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic result Nigel, really enjoyed studying the pictures. Great use of various mosses. I really like the hydrocotyle, reminds me of Psorel growing on forest floor. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Yeah the hydrocotyle is a great extra touch with all the moss IMO!

Participating to ciac is prohibited by iaplc no?

It is but I also entered IIAC. Usually when you don't rank top 127 IAPLC it is no problem. Friend of my had a warning once and last year a USA scaper got DQ (from IAPLC) because he entered IAPLC and IIAC and both got in top.

Great tank, fantastic photography as usual :clap:
Well deserved ranking IMO:thumbup:

Thanks bro :) :)

Nigel

Well done you deserve it with all the hard work you have put in to get to that high standard of work.

Keith:wave::wave:

Thanks Keith and thanks again for helping with this tank Keith!!

Gefeliciteerd! Did not know there was a dutch scaping contest.. Except for nbat..

Thanks. No it is a Chinese contest not a dutch contest. All countries can enter this contest. But this year the number 1 of every country got an invite to go to CIPS. All paid.

Thanks. No it is a Chinese contest not a dutch contest. All countries can enter this contest. But this year the number 1 of every country got an invite to go to CIPS. All paid.

Oooh okay, I thought there where a Dutch and a Chinese contest.. Now i understand.. Well good luck in china I would love to go there sometimes, great that they give you such an oppertunity!

Really like this scape! it looks so natural... not overly neat like some dioramas.

Haha thanks. Yes a wild style can look ok in forest. But it was also me pretty lazy to trim everything perfect. :p Next scapes I am trying to do it a little more neat. Yeah it's a matter of taste what you like more wild style or manicure look.

Nigel

Nature is not manicured to perfection its either wild and over grown like many rain forests/jungles or a 50/50 mix which is in my opinion the best looking of them all.
The hardest thing is getting the right mix and you have done it.

Keith:wave::wave:

Some highlights of my trip to China, Guangzhou at CIPS 2018. This trip was unbelievable, amazing. I can't describe it with words. Met so many aquascapers that I admire. I learned a lot, live scaped for the first time and had so much fun. I had the chance to go to this contest because I ranked 69 in the medium / big category and was first of my country The Netherlands with my forest aquascape. Also in the nano tank category I was rank 30 with my forest aquarium. My rank in the livescaping was 20 out of 25. Thank you CFAA, CIAC and CIPS for the this beautiful experience!

Back