• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lighting a 35 litre tank

billy boy

Haveing read somewhere that you need higher light levels for a smaller tank,(which i cant find now) What sort of wattage would i need to grow a carpeting plant such as riccia or similar?

The tank came with a 11 watt arc pod light,Would i get away with buying another one to give me 22 watts over 35 litres? Not to sure if the normal watts per gallon applies to a smaller tank!

Couldnt help myself, First post i read on my local website this morning was a Arc tank that was 3 months old and just used for a cold water fish that had just died, The light was still in its box, £20 the lot :D Mrs bb was not to happy, But i was :lol:

ive got the same tank. and ive put 2 x 11w and an extra 9 w and grow everything in it. you may get away with 2 x 11

saintly said:
ive got the same tank. and ive put 2 x 11w and an extra 9 w and grow everything in it. you may get away with 2 x 11
Maybe just try another to start with, can always add another one at a later date. What filter are you useing on your one? I was planning this hang on filter http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=012 to get a bit more room in the tank.

Back