• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Apisto/s in 30l

I have a 30l tank and am thinking of stocking ideas. There's currently a small shoal of Ember Tetras, so not full stocking by any means. It's densely planted in a 'jungle' style, lots of cover. The approx measurements of the tank are 30x30x30, or thereabouts.

Would it be possible to keep one or two Apistos in here? I'm not really up on Apistos, because I've never kept them before. I saw some lovely looking Apistos in Wildwoods, just up the road from me yesterday and they had loads in.

Back in the day, I did keep a pair of Rams in here for several months though without too many problems.

That's small for a pair. You might get away with a pair of borelli long term as they are very peaceful usually but otherwise you will have problems with the male attacking the female before they breed and then the female attacking the male once they spawn! If you have a spare tank to separate them when needed then you could go for it, otherwise they might not be the best choice.

Ed Seeley said:
That's small for a pair. You might get away with a pair of borelli long term as they are very peaceful usually but otherwise you will have problems with the male attacking the female before they breed and then the female attacking the male once they spawn! If you have a spare tank to separate them when needed then you could go for it, otherwise they might not be the best choice.

Cool, thanks Ed ;) I thought you'd be they guy to ask!

I'll check out the Borelli you mentioned. Are they quite hard to get hold of?

Thomas McMillan said:
Ed Seeley said:

Cool, thanks Ed ;) I thought you'd be they guy to ask!

I'll check out the Borelli you mentioned. Are they quite hard to get hold of?

They appear in LFSs quite often. They won't look as showy as other species in the holding tanks but just wait until the male colours up - nice high fins with a beautiful blue colouration.

Where are you located Thomas? If you're within driving distance of Wolverhampton, check out Coxwell Aquatics, thats where Mark Breeze (microman) works and they generally have an excellent selection of SA Dwarfs

Joecoral said:
Where are you located Thomas? If you're within driving distance of Wolverhampton, check out Coxwell Aquatics, thats where Mark Breeze (microman) works and they generally have an excellent selection of SA Dwarfs

Thanks for that, I'm not too sure where Wolverhampton is, but too far away from Enfield nonetheless. :lol: Thanks again anyway ;) I'm sure Wildwoods could sort something out, they are always rated good with PFK and everyone else and I'm always in there.

Back