• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp death

dlambe

Hi,

I've found one of my cherry shrimps dead this morning, but noticed these purple/black patches on it's body and wondering if anyone has seen anything similar before, and whether it is a possible cause of death?

The tank is a 20litre Do!aqua tank. It has been running now for 2months (dry start before for 8 weeks) and is cherry shrimp only. The shrimp have been breeding successfully and the other shrimp including the young ones seem fine, but want to make sure it is nothing more wide-spread i have to worry about.

I change 20-30% each week, and Dose 0.5ml LC with 2ml Macro/Micro alternatively.

Thanks
Dan
IMG_3134.jpg

I think dark patches are tissue necrosis due to death.
Sometimes they just die. If they keep breeding and cant pull dead shrimp(s) out of the tank on daily basis,it is fine. They have a relatively short life span and if this is one of the first shrimps you bought and added in the beginning, it might have been an old one already when you bought.

Thanks for the reply. Yea i added a few from my main tank and this is only the second one i have lost (the other climbed out of the tank) so hopefully is nothing more than being one of the older ones.

Hi
When cherries climb out is not good thing.Unlike the amanos that like going out of small tanks cherries ussually dont.Mine never did even in my little 20l.Are they darting arround.Sometimes if not mating is sign of stress.If the other ones have the dark patches is bacterial illness they get if water is poluted after mass of debris build up in time ( but your tank is faily new so doubt is that)
Regards Konsa

Back