• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

River Corner: Low Tech Nano Biotope

Marc Davis

Hi guys. Thought id share my latest scape. Id considered my previous nano scape finished so went for this one. It's a biotope style scape and im just going to let it go wild. im liking a natural style more and more instead of the pruned garden look with perfect cosmetic sand:

Low Tech Nano Biotope.jpg

And here is a short showcase video i made:

that's a great bit of driftwood! I like the staging effect it has in the middle, and barrier for the background plants to emerge over

Its home made. Two pieces of wood i stained an the top light unit is from a superfish 40 which i took apart, as is the tank with all the plastic stripped off.
Nice mate do you get any bowing of the glass? Have thought about this as I don’t like the plastic lids on tanks.

Yeah I might find a cheap nano tank and strip it all off.
Fill it outside first just in case haha.

Might have to nick your light design though

I've subscribed to your you tube. Please do keep us updated on how this tank settles in... bet really interested to hear how the plants are doing in a few weeks?

I've subscribed to your you tube. Please do keep us updated on how this tank settles in... bet really interested to hear how the plants are doing in a few weeks?
The tank was thriving but had to take it down but i will be building again in more of a paludarium fashion. I needed the wood for my latest large scape:

20181029_210033.jpg

Last edited:
Back