• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how to remove tannin

James_Kye

i started a South African Biotope type set up but find this is restricting my choice of plants so looking at other plants that can live in soft water conditions.
but i have tannins in the water due to the mangrove root and small section of mopani wood also.
i find this is cutting out a lot of light from half way down and i am wanting to increase the amount of light reaching the bottom....
i have done water changes ( 60 % ) every 2 weeks since December and still the tannin remains, is there anyway in removing it a bit so there is just a hint of tannin or even removing it completely.

thanks in advance for the help

Carbon in the filter will remove it as will Seachem's Purigen. I'd use carbon at first as it is cheaper to replace but you can recharge Purigen with bleach so it's your choice!

cheaper option the better especially at the moment lol.
having started my own business recently the money is going into that and buying in parts to build a new up to date computer ( well as up to date as money allows lol )

me thinkith i have biten more than i can chew setting several things up all at the same time pmsl.

cheers for the help :)

Back