• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros light

john arnold

just got a chihiros 601, but only going to use liquid co2 on a 60x35x45, the lights nit going to be too much is it?

I've just set up a tank with this same light, although my tank is 24"x15"x12" or 610mmx380mmx308mm. I've currently got the light on the second setting. I used the Tropica lighting guide as a reference. So low light is 10-20 lumens per litre, Medium is 20-40 and High is >40. My tank has around 65 litres in. The Chihiros on full power is apparently 5800 lm so that works out at just under 90 lm/litre. Well and truly high light. To avoid this I put it on the second setting of 7, which should be around 1650lm or around 25lm/litre. I also have it raised around 5" or 125mm above the surface. So I should be at the top end of low light/bottom end of medium light. All the plants I have are the easier care type that should grow in low/medium light. I dose the recommended amount of easy carbo for my tank (1ml/50 l = 1.2 ml per day). Only set it up on Friday, so we shall see.

Your tank is more like 90 Litres, so set it according to what level of light you desire. I would have put it on the first setting for the initial start, but it was a bit flickery.

Hope this helps

No, it will be fine John. My shrimp breeder tank doesnt use any carbon and i run on the 3rd power level, but did start at 2 then upped to 3 after 4 weeks.

Iain,

What are the dimensions of your shrimp breeder? I'm hoping to up my light levels in a few weeks so would be interested to know how others had got on.

Kind regards,

Ben

Iain,

What are the dimensions of your shrimp breeder? I'm hoping to up my light levels in a few weeks so would be interested to know how others had got on.

Kind regards,

Ben
60x45x35 I think off the top of my head.. wide but shallow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that Iain, so your tank is slightly shorter than mine (you said shallow so guessing that was the 35 cm). So I should be good to up the lights in a month or so, plus I'm adding easy carbo and dry ferts.

Thanks for that Iain, so your tank is slightly shorter than mine (you said shallow so guessing that was the 35 cm). So I should be good to up the lights in a month or so, plus I'm adding easy carbo and dry ferts.
Sure, just take it steady, when your happy the plants have settled and growing well then increase a little, keep an eye and dial back if you see warning signs :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've just set up a tank with this same light, although my tank is 24"x15"x12" or 610mmx380mmx308mm. I've currently got the light on the second setting. I used the Tropica lighting guide as a reference. So low light is 10-20 lumens per litre, Medium is 20-40 and High is >40. My tank has around 65 litres in. The Chihiros on full power is apparently 5800 lm so that works out at just under 90 lm/litre. Well and truly high light. To avoid this I put it on the second setting of 7, which should be around 1650lm or around 25lm/litre. I also have it raised around 5" or 125mm above the surface. So I should be at the top end of low light/bottom end of medium light. All the plants I have are the easier care type that should grow in low/medium light. I dose the recommended amount of easy carbo for my tank (1ml/50 l = 1.2 ml per day). Only set it up on Friday, so we shall see.

Your tank is more like 90 Litres, so set it according to what level of light you desire. I would have put it on the first setting for the initial start, but it was a bit flickery.

Hope this helps
Sorry just seen this, yes thanks fir reply

No, it will be fine John. My shrimp breeder tank doesnt use any carbon and i run on the 3rd power level, but did start at 2 then upped to 3 after 4 weeks.
Sorry just seen this, thanks ill adjust if needed, got appisto fry in there at moment when i sell them ill rescape and setup properly

Back