• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel full spectrum new led

They are different substrates.
The tank on the left is Hugo kamishi quartz white sand. The right one is kamishi natural fine which is readier/ pinker in colour..

When you order the light from your shop ask for the 900 S Classic (Classic is the name for the newer model).

Hope that helps.

They are different substrates.
The tank on the left is Hugo kamishi quartz white sand. The right one is kamishi natural fine which is readier/ pinker in colour..

When you order the light from your shop ask for the 900 S Classic (Classic is the name for the newer model).

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much , i should say though that i am excited about juwel colors + the controller.. Anyway i will take my time thinking of it cause both are expensive lights and i need to be sure first

Twinstar E - lower wattage
Twinstar S - does the dominant red highlighting - note many hobbyists wanted more “red effect”, this LED does appear brighter (I think Twinstar says 20%)

I use Kessil Tuna Sun lights - many people complain that their plants don’t get “red” enough under this light

In my experience Ludwigia palustris does get the same red color shown on Tropica plant page and Rotala ‘Vietnam H’ra’ also develops decent red color (different hues than the L palustris) BUT as in the Green Aqua video, it is the color saturation seen with the ADA Aquasky not anything like Twinstar S rendition

Obviously fish also appear much “redder” under Twinstar S lighting (there are other branded LEDs which also promise strong “reds”) - again this is not my preference ... ember tetras should appear a translucent orange-red not the saturated red appearance given by Twinstar S .... obviously many people disagree with my sentiments ;) :)

It’s unfortunate that you cannot see both lights before selecting your purchase - if online order, I’d look for a shop that is good with returns.
Some shops will only do a credit refund (unless product is defective) so make sure they have other products you would like
As you need to turn on the lights to determine whether they are suitable or not, you may have to pay a restocking fee - usually 15-20% these days - and shop may also insist on a credit refund (this is usually stated as package must be returned in sealed condition etc)

Twinstar E - lower wattage
Twinstar S - does the dominant red highlighting - note many hobbyists wanted more “red effect”, this LED does appear brighter (I think Twinstar says 20%)

I use Kessil Tuna Sun lights - many people complain that their plants don’t get “red” enough under this light

In my experience Ludwigia palustris does get the same red color shown on Tropica plant page and Rotala ‘Vietnam H’ra’ also develops decent red color (different hues than the L palustris) BUT as in the Green Aqua video, it is the color saturation seen with the ADA Aquasky not anything like Twinstar S rendition

Obviously fish also appear much “redder” under Twinstar S lighting (there are other branded LEDs which also promise strong “reds”) - again this is not my preference ... ember tetras should appear a translucent orange-red not the saturated red appearance given by Twinstar S .... obviously many people disagree with my sentiments ;) :)

It’s unfortunate that you cannot see both lights before selecting your purchase - if online order, I’d look for a shop that is good with returns.
Some shops will only do a credit refund (unless product is defective) so make sure they have other products you would like
As you need to turn on the lights to determine whether they are suitable or not, you may have to pay a restocking fee - usually 15-20% these days - and shop may also insist on a credit refund (this is usually stated as package must be returned in sealed condition etc)

This is my conclusion in terms of advantages and disadvantages

Twinstar S
Proven performer
Strong light
Pop out the red colors - For my taste its alright but i cant accept a reddish substrate for example , that turns me off. Rgb should show the colors as they are .

Disadvantages

Its price.
Lack of controller therefore you cant control the colors .

Juwel new light
Seems stronger in terms of lumen (bulb for 100cm = 6250 lumen which is pretty high)
Its juwel , if this is an advantage
And the main advantage here is the controller that allows you fully control the light (sunset, sunrise, control the rgb colors at your own taste etc)
Have shimmer effect

Disadvantages
Not a proven performer?
And something that is disadvantage for me is that the bulb should sit exactly above the surface unless you do some modifications

Juwel wins the fight within the framework of logic but still i need to think more.
And for an expensive light i cant risk and get in trouble with shops and returning policies..

Of course , here in Athens you cant find any of these to see in person. Shops are using retail fixtures, fluval led , dennerle and thats all.
The only thing you can find here in an extremely wide range is led for reef tanks. Even fixtures that cost three and four thousand euros.
It is obvious that most of the aquatic shops lean towards reef hobbyists.

After a quick chat with twinstar corp , i lean towards twinstar SA900.
They informed me that i can use a compatible controller therefore i can have sunset and dusk effects..
Another reason is that the light sits several cms above water surface...
Price is similar to a juwel + controller but i believe it will work better for my rimless tank

Controller is below. You want the pro one, so much better than standard one.

To fit the S light you need an adaptor to change it from 2.1mm to 2.5mm. Hey presto full sunset and sunrise settings, also control the light by percentage. The S light is a few leagues above the Juwel one I think :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S2-PRO-A...hash=item23ac5bd7c5:m:myHyKWB9N7nmyzfB4_non4w

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/jr1833/adaptor-dc-power-2-1mm-s-to-2/dp/PW02774?ost=Pw02774&ddkey=http:en-CPC/CPC_United_Kingdom/search#

I heard a rumour that Twinstar are bringing there own controller out soon too?
I use the same controller as Siege on my 600s works a treat:thumbup:.

I heard a rumour that Twinstar are bringing there own controller out soon too?
I use the same controller as Siege on my 600s works a treat:thumbup:.
Any rumours should now be out of thought after the information I got from the official twinstar distributor .
There are no plans of an official controller soon .

Have shimmer effect
The best “sunlight on water” effect is with cluster matrix LED technology - Kessil (George Farmer videos), AI Prime (Filipe Oliveira Video) ... note that these tend to be freshwater application lamps from companies that focus on reef/marine aquaria

They also tend to be a grade higher in costs :wideyed:
but will deliver “high” light intensity at the substrate even in deep tanks, 55cm and above

Back