• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oliver Knott Pico Tank - 300ML

Gill

Getting back into Scaping etc.
Working in Aquatics again, which I am very happy about.

Decided this morning to set this up. I have had it for months, and purchased one as soon as I saw the Original Youtube Video from Oliver Knott.
Just flattened some Marimo Moss, a bit of java moss. And a Piece of Trip superglued to a pebble.

The tank is really nice aesthetically. I purchased the White Gloss version, and arrived in under 2 weeks from China. I did not mind the price of £40(inc Shipping and Customs). As I love Pico Tanks, and always have.
I have not used the Weirs as they would not fit for some reason. And it looks ok without them.
I am really impressed with the LED unit and how bright it is.

Pix of the tank from the Ebuyer site i purchased from.
Size.jpg

Sump Design
Sump.JPG

Parts
Parts.jpg

Setting Up.
20181111_095224.jpg

Very Simple Scape
Tea spoon for Comparison
20181111_102345.jpg

Please link the ebay seller, I love this!
wrong one, i got it from
https://www.sgshop.com/taobao/mall/details?tbid=534506160496&cid=29&tbnick=改名字无法显示&cno=0&shopType=5

On eBay if you search mini desktop tank. There is a Pico version of the fluval edge. With a filter built into the back of the tank.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Aquarium-Box-LED-Light-Acrylic-Betta-Fish-Tank-Desktop-Office-Water-Pump/232996382036?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=532510728995&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

That little edge tank is cool too! I'll need to work out it's volume too lol

How on earth do you choose your colour, power source etc on there?!
Did it come with everything; power filtration etc?
What's the noise like from it?

Looks interesting. ;)
Its really easy go to your local take away and look at the menu board and see what numbers correspond to the ebay order

How on earth do you choose your colour, power source etc on there?!
Did it come with everything; power filtration etc?
What's the noise like from it?

Looks interesting. ;)
Was easy. Just went for the complete set using Google translate.
Setup wise was easy. And is very very quiet.
Comes with a Pico heater, but did not use it.
Also comes with an lcd temp gauge.

Sorry for the late replies
Work literally wipes me out for the day. At my age, with all my health problems. Being on my feet in steel toe cap boots from 8-6 is tiring to say the least. And my big toes turning black in the 1st week did not help and then peeling away in chunks.
So I get home and crash in.bed with meds and Netflix.

Any who. Not sure why people.have been having probs getting this. The site worked fine for my 1st go and was all.straight forward. Google translated the page and was easy to follow all the steps.

I am.kind of pleased with the scape, but you know me. Will prob last 2 week's before I am itching again.

Background plant is stera repens
Carpet is mixed hydro trip, hairgrass and hc Cuba.
And have moss under the spider wood custom root burl.
Substrate is aquacare mixed sand. And like the mottled effect. Deep layer so.plants could be planted deeper so they hold.
Added a few shrimp to it. And a black platy fry

And the tub next to it. Is my pk male and my gold platinum hm female spawn. Male is finally ready since I have been conditioning him since the 1st week of November and she is bursting with eggs. And seems to like this male and has not killed him.like the other 3 I tried her with

90d9c50200bf18eb462446881030f77f.jpg

Last edited:
Back