• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best custom tank builders UK?

I bought mine from ND about 4 years ago and was happy with it.

Didn't know they became a bad company. What happened?

I know people on marine forums have had similar views as myself and I'm not alone.

I've seen lots about them as well. The people either have no problems whatsoever or they get Friday night rush jobs and no customer service when they need it. So they can be great but if you have a problem you might be stuffed.

I got my A4L tank Saturday, looks very good. Quality is miles above my 1 year old ND tank.

Hi
Have you looked at https://ndaquatics.co.uk I ordered a tank they delivered 2 weeks early and the tank is great even a year on.
Hi Paul; it's worth looking through the thread as there's already comments about ND aquatics - both good and bad.
Also as you're new have a look at the date of the threads and last comments. ;)
There is a link to a very similar thread below.
I had a very bad experience of ND aquatics; it seems they are very hit and miss.
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/aquarium-manufacturer.52257/#post-514712

I thought I'd join this thread, as I may be looking for a new tank in the future, but the standard EA ones are too deep for me at 600mm front to back, and I would need close to 500mm front to back to fit in the space I have available.

I got a quote from NACD Aquariums for a 1500 x 500 x 550 deep in 15mm Optiwhite, and was quoted £1,405 delivered :eek: I almost fell off my chair. I appreciate its a bespoke size, but when I compare it to an EA 1500+, which is £899 and uses more glass, it seems a little out. What do folks think - it that type of cost typical?

Is that glass only? That price is pretty much the same as the aquascaper 1500 including stand, NACD seem to be a bit all over the place with pricing and customer comms at the minute including some of their ebay listed tank pricing

Noticed an A4L post on one of the Facebook groups yesterday from Ian Dashfield that they are trying to venture into producing some 'standard' sized aquascaping tanks and calling them their 'Naturescape' range. The sizes are a bit off for me but might suit others, they might be more comparable to the aquascaper range

Copied text from Ian's post below

Hello guys, so we're about to release a range of aquascaper aquariums and cabinets at Aquariums4life. It's called the A4L NatureScape range and we've had lots of input from Aquaman Services (Ritchie) throughout the design stages. They are fantastic value and amazing quality. All 12mm ultra clear glass with invisible silicone work, the cabinets are solid timber and each feature adjustable feet to level the cabinet perfectly. We have not released any to the public up to now and we need pictures of these builds in your homes and fully scaped etc, they are already amazing value for money at £499 for the 600mm x 600mm x 500mm(h), £699 for the 900mm x 600mm x 500mm(h) and £899 for the 1200mm x 600mm x 500mm(h) We will also offer you guys a further 10% off just to get some out there and obtain pictures and reviews etc. Lots more pics and details of the colours available coming soon.

Yeah, the quote I had was for glass only, no cabinet! I plan to make the cabinet myself anyway, so only need the tank.

Interesting, 500mm height will be down to the 12mm glass thickness, I'm guessing. Real shame I've only got room for a 1180mm long tank!

Check this thread about NACD
NACD are great, they water test your tank for 4 days too.
hahahahaha - I'm not so sure they do. They very clearly didn't to mine as when I filled it a week after delivery it came apart quite literally at the seams.
Awful customer service, delivery delayed beyond belief - my advice is steer well clear.
I got a quote from NACD Aquarium
stop there, don't go any further with them.
NACD seem to be a bit all over the place with pricing and customer comms at the minute including some of their ebay listed tank pricing
I suspected this maybe the case but it seems 'Sam' and quite probably NACD don't make the aquariums themselves according to someone from the salty side who knows a little bit more after their bad experience than I do.

Aquariums4life are who I've just ordered my aquarium from; I bet you could reduce the height if you wanted at no/minimal cost. ;)
I know they will make any size you want, just unsure on prices for that. Will see how mine turns out, sounds promising though

Check this thread about NACD

hahahahaha - I'm not so sure they do. They very clearly didn't to mine as when I filled it a week after delivery it came apart quite literally at the seams.
Awful customer service, delivery delayed beyond belief - my advice is steer well clear.

stop there, don't go any further with them.

I suspected this maybe the case but it seems 'Sam' and quite probably NACD don't make the aquariums themselves according to someone from the salty side who knows a little bit more after their bad experience than I do.

Aquariums4life are who I've just ordered my aquarium from; I bet you could reduce the height if you wanted at no/minimal cost. ;)
I know they will make any size you want, just unsure on prices for that. Will see how mine turns out, sounds promising though

I’ve contacted Aquariums 4 Life, and Aquarium Connections too. Got a reply from the latter within an hour, so that’s promising.

Aquariums4life... Just got this from them a couple of weeks ago and cant fault anything about them
20191201_083705.jpg
20191201_111451.jpg

Aquarium Connections
These are phenominal quality aquariums; I had one for my reef aquarium a few years back with mitred corners and Eurobrace but they are very expensive and seem to have just got more so. Better suited to big custom jobs. Be interested to hear a price you get and what it's for (check about delivery and VAT too)

Back