• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taiwan Bee not so nano

This keeps plodding along, slowly filling in to how I want it but nothing happens quickly without co2.

Interestingly the mini Christmas moss has all gone to seed, which I haven't seen happen immersed before..

2a26ac013a8d5c96bd9dd0fb3f320103.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Moss looks amazing.

Would you be will to sell some on you next trim please,?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks really good. Yup i'm running 2 non-co2 tanks and everything seems to take 10x longer than c02 injected but good for long term setups

Moss looks amazing.

Would you be will to sell some on you next trim please,?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sure but you might be waiting a year, it's so slow in low energy. Aquarium gardens sell it from their high energy tanks and I think tropica will be selling in pots soon...

Looks really good. Yup i'm running 2 non-co2 tanks and everything seems to take 10x longer than c02 injected but good for long term setups
Sure does, think this will run for a good 3 or 4 years so no rush...

They are ok when ok don't have a sand substrate, otherwise their poo shows up... and they sure know how to poo!

Hi all,
I <"like the Cladophora in this scape">. It never grows for me and I would really like some wood covered in it.
Still blown away by quite how good the nerites are a keeping it spotless
Are they showing shell attrition? I was thinking about having a harder water tank to keep some different snails in (Theodoxus fluviatilis etc).

cheers Darrel

They are ok when ok don't have a sand substrate, otherwise their poo shows up... and they sure know how to poo!
They sure do poo but a good siphon cleans it all up

Very nice. Love it being on the worktop.

Fil
Hi all,
I <"like the Cladophora in this scape">. It never grows for me and I would really like some wood covered in it.Are they showing shell attrition? I was thinking about having a harder water tank to keep some different snails in (Theodoxus fluviatilis etc).

cheers Darrel
Hey Darrel, the clado does grow but not in a way I thought. It seems to grow really long almost hair algae like strands with little star shaped 'leaves along the length. I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow, it's quite odd.

The nerites arrived pretty damaged from posting, a lot of horns broken and the 'crowns' looked chipped and showed a lot of white. This seems to have only got better though, I guess as most of the hardness from shrimp GH remineraliser is calcium?

Slowly filling in and buce's are flowering again. Saw my first mm sized shrimplets yesterday which is reassuring.

Thinking of adding some pintos, up side is I love how they look but the downside is it will mix the genes which may work to start with but 12-18 months from now may just mean ugly babies... neither strong bees or strong pintos? Hmmmm
86adcfb9fe3ab6e71912a2632ce61376.jpg

I don't like the cladophora but the buces and the mosses looks awesome, congrats about the shrimplets too.

Little update on this one. Had some issues with diatoms again so increased ferts and dropped the water level a little and it seems to be passing. The surface film has being making me crazy, I was managing it daily with 30 mins of a surface skimmer but I hate them in the tank so wanted another solution. It seems that the increase surface movement and ferts has done the trick with the diatoms and surface film so will look into raising the filters as like the tank filled to the brim. Chicken and egg as to whether the film caused the diatoms or vice versa. Can be sure the film caused the bba on the wood though.. easily dosed with carbon at Wc mind.

Shrimp are in full spring breeding mode, tiny shrimplets everywhere which is great to see.
d6f8350f2663817c7e06dff0235b9e13.jpg
cb2e733d22c0a64db93c64f734e2de82.jpg
76b4feff89114bc67cebbd66b55df27d.jpg
870e8951e8417f0dd1f5f870dfebf09d.jpg
2b96f4f5b78a4be530a86ada9ec20fff.jpg

Back