• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What to do here, worried!

Thanks very much for all your sound advice and info, it's very much appreciated.
Strangely, the dogs have been quieter the last couple of days???
I now have to balance the risks of the outcome against the results. I'm considering all options now and it's already caused a bit of domestic friction!
Thanks Guys.
cheers

Now then troops
Something of an update for you here.
About 3 weeks ago, in the evening I went out onto my drive and the air was thick with smoke, ( no wind, heavy damp atmosphere) A few minutes later the Fire Brigade rocked up, Someone's rung them! OH NO!!! They searched my garden and neighbour's on both sides. They found the burner in next-doors annexe, cottage, bungalow, man-cave, whatever you want to call it.
Two days later this appeared on said neighbour's front garden path, plonked in clear view from our lounge window. no doubt an intimidation tactic! Pic. att herein
100_1537.JPG

What I didn't realise at the time, but do now, is that the burner is in fact a garden refuse incinerator that he was using indoors!! KNOB. Scorched all the wood around the flue on his newly built thing which they've attempted to scrub off!
By the way, the piece of T+G you can see is not my work, obviously, and the idiot's removed the cappings ( you can see one of four there ) off all the brick towers that finished them. WHY?
As you can imagine it's not much fun here now, so after 32 yrs of happily getting on with all our neighbour's and nurturing a thriving wildlife sanctuary/newt breeding garden which I'll have to abandon, I'm on the point of calling it a day and bailing out which will probably involve breaking into my so far untouched and cherished pension fund.
None of my letters to the council, ( dog warden, planning, environmental health ) have yielded a sodding thing, even a visit to the local nick, despite being sympathetic, said they could do nothing!
So I've got 50 odd kilo's of lava type reef rock and a 7' 6" 10mm float glass aquarium from my reef and native marine keeping days to shift. Too big for my possible new home. They're on Ebay now. Make a lovely planted tank for someone, just not me, my current 4' is plenty now.
Thanks for your advice previously and for taking the time to read my (by now) somewhat calmer rant.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
32 years ?there must be neighbours who you know and trust,sign a letter together queitly send off to your MP, who will recognise this as ASB of the highest order and contact local authority for you aS health and safety issue. A MP writing to council and police can work wonders and the fire brigade can help file a report for safety issues? Dont confront these idiots though

Evenin' Troops
Another update here.. They have now fitted a floodlight to the gable-end of the illegal annexe which is left on all night and which lights up all the lower half of our garden! Pic att. Following your earlier advice I mailed the council leader outlining my previous concerns and the mails to her various dept's with a threat to take LCC to small claims court to go towards my removal costs. Her response was from the Lancaster city council legal dept. saying that as I threatened court action, they would not consider complaints as they will form part of the case. I also went into the local nick and despite complete sympathy, they admitted there was nothing they could do. Also with regard to the changes in law for dog breeding, how will that affect them? Their actions so far dictate zip! I'm now resigned to leaving behind my beloved amphibian sanctuary and moving away. To move to where I think is worthwhile it's going to cost me IRO £30,000 from my pension pot! 100_1586.JPG

How frustrating, they show intent to do nothing and at the bare mention of legal action (compensatory costs) they reply that they are now able to legally do nothing. I think you're choices are limited, spend the £30k fighting the council or use it to move away from the problem, not the solution you want unfortunately. The intimidating garden light will likely ensure your Newts will be gone from your garden before you move.

Sorry Edvet, my experience with RSPCA has not been good. In any event these people know that as long as they attend to the dogs once in 24 hrs they're in the clear. I am not suggesting that they mistreat the dogs, just that they aren't kept under control. Dogs are just a part of the problem now, whippets rather than the earlier Jack russels. Either way, we're off. I'm so angry that they've done just as they please without regard for others. Should have known better, really. They are buying up the corner plots on here, I have one either side and one facing. Arrogant, selfish @rseholes. Deserting my pond is the biggest hit, it really upsets me, all that work, obtaining licenses, collecting eggs etc, whoever buys my place ( and that will be a miracle in itself ) will surely fill it in, watching others has taught me that!
cheers
Steve

Sorry to hear this Steve. Unfortunately I see no way to help. In today's world common courtesy seems a thing of the past and everyone is so afraid of getting sued that they wont help. I hope things improve for you.

I'm very new around here and I'm a bit shocked really.. no wounder its all going t up.. a tad racist

Back